:D This is a good idea but I dont think Thunderpoles shop is a suitable location for a mass eyebal due to the problems with parking.Great idea otherwise :D
I often go to Thunderpole from Banbury to buy items and I think there are about 3 parking spaces total
I think somewhere like Jacks hill cafe ...
Search found 62 matches
- Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:56 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Summer Eyeball???
- Replies: 21
- Views: 9103
- Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: total wipeout
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4458
Re: total wipeout
:D ah but they do have to give a valid reason ..You see Britain is a signatory and as such is legally obliged to permit free access of compliant equiptment for sale and also for use by operators visiting here from other cept signatory countries. It would be an enforcement nightmare for the regulator ...
- Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:08 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: total wipeout
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4458
Re: total wipeout
:? :? if there is a rat up the pipework it must be long dead and very smelly.I think ofcom have run out of valid arguments to oppose the new standard having lost the technical argument against and also because the uk is a cept signatory. it would be very difficult to enforce fm only given that under ...
- Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:01 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: total wipeout
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4458
Re: total wipeout
:D I care as I see legal am ssb on that band as a victory for common sense..This is just my opinion but what I think will happen is that ssb will become the normal mode of operation on the higher channels ie c32-40 where this has been the culture in other countries for decades. Rest assured my ...
- Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:38 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: mother in law! 10-4!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3571
Re: mother in law! 10-4!
:D :D I think its possible but not without problems. I have looked at the satellite images and it seems to be mainly level ground between both points apart from Aldershot.
a simple 1/2 or 5/8 wave vertical antenna should be sufficient fed by reasonably good cable eg RG213 or RG8 (there are better ...
a simple 1/2 or 5/8 wave vertical antenna should be sufficient fed by reasonably good cable eg RG213 or RG8 (there are better ...
- Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: CB users
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2681
Re: CB users
:D usually channel 19 on AM but some seem to use channel 21 as well you can often hear them during the sporadic e' season I often go to Normandy on holiday and I take the cb with me and I will often hear mainly Irish truckers thundering up the N13 from St Lo to Cherbourg using CH 19 AM but there are ...
- Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:30 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: where to go from here
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2220
Re: where to go from here
well,saturday i had nothing on,and being a nice day i thought i would make my way over to my DX location at carne brea for the first time this year...what a waste of time it turned out to be...olga and co were wiping out the whole 80 channels,even the megawatt boys from stateside were buried...so ...
- Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:57 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: uhf cb....who is in the know?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4228
Re: uhf cb....who is in the know?
Is anybody pushing for a uhf cb slot,,,or maybe inproved specs on 446??....all this talk about uhf...but no action it seems to me...or perhaps someone can point me in the right direction...there dont seem to be any net sites dedicated to uhf!!!... :(
:D from reading other forums I get the ...
:D from reading other forums I get the ...
- Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:32 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: The Migration Continues...
- Replies: 47
- Views: 48117
Re: Hams versus CB operators
....so get real make the most of 11 metres...and be thankful that someone has got us all mode at long last ...and it wasn't some moaning brit either!!!.... remember action talks...not wishful thinking or moaning...
:| If we get this I am thinking positively it has come via the ETSI which is ...
:| If we get this I am thinking positively it has come via the ETSI which is ...
- Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:01 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: The Migration Continues...
- Replies: 47
- Views: 48117
Re: The Migration Continues...
:D let me throw down a challenge to you NB if we lobby the regulator for this kind of change will YOU join in and support us???
:| Why do you presume that this is just talk ??
I have been rooting for a replacement to the 934uhf band the reasons for its removal were as follows
claimed low usage ...
:| Why do you presume that this is just talk ??
I have been rooting for a replacement to the 934uhf band the reasons for its removal were as follows
claimed low usage ...
- Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:19 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: The Migration Continues...
- Replies: 47
- Views: 48117
Re: The Migration Continues...
:? sigh the thread is about pmr 446
:| No offence taken NB but with all due respect citizens band is the domain of ALL those involved in it.I'm not an expert meerly a radio enthusiast I certainly dont preach at people . I'm proud of my humble beginnings.
For me personaly there is no them and us ...
:| No offence taken NB but with all due respect citizens band is the domain of ALL those involved in it.I'm not an expert meerly a radio enthusiast I certainly dont preach at people . I'm proud of my humble beginnings.
For me personaly there is no them and us ...
- Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:34 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: New Mutli CB Radio
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2793
Re: New Mutli CB Radio
Hi,
.
The Italians and the Germans have some extra channels beyond those listed above (they go up to channel 80 in Germany, and Italy has an extra 34).
:) errr not exactly Guz the 34 channel band in pizzapastaland is not extra but the original 34 ch allocation this was quickly changed due ...
.
The Italians and the Germans have some extra channels beyond those listed above (they go up to channel 80 in Germany, and Italy has an extra 34).
:) errr not exactly Guz the 34 channel band in pizzapastaland is not extra but the original 34 ch allocation this was quickly changed due ...
- Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:54 am
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Wire homebase antenna
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4469
Re: Wire homebase antenna
:D wire attic dipoles can work well for cb ...I have one but it would work better for cb as an inverted V as this will give near vertical omnidirectional signal path whereas horizontaly polarised will be bidirectional :wink:
:) Its important to include a choke at the feedpoint to prevent the coax ...
:) Its important to include a choke at the feedpoint to prevent the coax ...
- Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:44 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: The Migration Continues...
- Replies: 47
- Views: 48117
Re: The Migration Continues...
- Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:28 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: The Migration Continues...
- Replies: 47
- Views: 48117
Re: The Migration Continues...
:? errr...... I dont get it I have a ham ticket but I started out on cb and I'm still a cb operator.Does this mean that by obtaining a ham ticket and progressing in the radio hobby I dont have a right to a point of view about the citizens band?....I dont think so. [-X
I will use everything at my ...
I will use everything at my ...
