Search found 108 matches
- Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:29 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Has everyone gone to the moon?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7576
Re: Has everyone gone to the moon?
I'm afraid I agree with you, there's not an awful lot of cb,ers out there now, I'm not sure the younger generation know it exists even ? It needs to be promoted and advertised on things like TV and radio on all the benefits it has, ie free, instant communication, road conditions etc , that would be ...
- Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:57 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Worth buying a rig?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 8199
Re: Worth buying a rig?
good point about the ssb rigs dc4, its worth a try
- Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:24 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Worth buying a rig?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 8199
Re: Worth buying a rig?
Hi , I still think there's some good cb ers still out there, although they do seem to be thin on the ground, I have had some good contacts when i've been been mobile around the seven bridge / wales area. I think a lot of bad language used on the air has put people off from using it, especially when ...
- Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:14 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: The courage to start drilling......
- Replies: 7
- Views: 46419
Re: The courage to start drilling......
Hi turtle
I will tell you of an experience I had with putting an antennas directly on the roof, I fitted mine about 8 inches away from the rear window centrally on the roof and it worked a treat, the only thing I found is that the wind resistance tends to drag the antenna backwards as your driving ...
I will tell you of an experience I had with putting an antennas directly on the roof, I fitted mine about 8 inches away from the rear window centrally on the roof and it worked a treat, the only thing I found is that the wind resistance tends to drag the antenna backwards as your driving ...
- Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:41 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Poll - New AM Calling Channel
- Replies: 21
- Views: 57501
Re: Poll - New AM Calling Channel
I think the original calling channel 14 should be the new breaking channel !
- Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:28 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: wheres everyone ?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3621
wheres everyone ?
Think everyones in hibernation ! 
- Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:24 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Merry Christmas
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2757
Re: Merry Christmas
A merry Christmas to everyone !
- Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:58 pm
- Forum: Amateur Radio
- Topic: tone boards
- Replies: 4
- Views: 15958
Re: tone boards
Ok, thanks stampman.
- Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:50 pm
- Forum: Amateur Radio
- Topic: tone boards
- Replies: 4
- Views: 15958
Re: tone boards
Ok thanks for the info stampman, is it something I could replace myself if I had the board or would it need to be a bit more of an indepth repair ?
- Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:03 pm
- Forum: Amateur Radio
- Topic: tone boards
- Replies: 4
- Views: 15958
tone boards
Hi all ,
I am looking to getting into ham radio , and have been given a couple of radios to try, I have been told one of them needs a "tone board " replaced. can anyone tell me what it does and if I really need one .?
I am looking to getting into ham radio , and have been given a couple of radios to try, I have been told one of them needs a "tone board " replaced. can anyone tell me what it does and if I really need one .?
- Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:20 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: wilson 1000
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4306
Re: wilson 1000
Cheers stampman , may get one in the future 
- Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:49 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: wilson 1000
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4306
Re: wilson 1000
Does the body mounted version come apart for storage like the k40 type does stampman ?
- Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:19 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: max speed for a 7inch magmount
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2448
Re: max speed for a 7inch magmount
I have used a 7" magmount with a 5ft firestick before now on the motorway at around 65+ with no problems - perhaps I was lucky !! 
- Fri May 02, 2014 5:10 pm
- Forum: 4x4 Owners
- Topic: How many 4x4 breakers do we have!
- Replies: 105
- Views: 164590
Re: How many 4x4 breakers do we have!
Mines a Rav4 !
- Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:32 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Help With Old Rig Diag Please
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5701
Re: Help With Old Rig Diag Please
Damn
would I be right in saying it would also be on a different frequency than the old a.m. to ?
