I'm still confused!
I have a couple of old Midland HandHelds, that have a "UK/EU" button, Which I thought meant I could use it in Europe when in "EU" mode)...& I often do as I regularly drive UK>France>Belgium
However, on the back of the set, it say "For use in UK only" (Yet it defaults to "EU ...
Search found 23 matches
- Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:18 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Cofused over frequencies
- Replies: 13
- Views: 30479
- Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:26 pm
- Forum: VW Owners
- Topic: Welcome VW CB radio users
- Replies: 18
- Views: 45243
Re: Welcome VW CB radio users
Just Purchased a Polmar Venus (From Thunderpole) to put in my recently acquired 2.5 T4-LWB Campervan.
Intend to run it from the leisure battery, & Hope I remember to switch it off at the appropriate time, so I dont run the battery flat (Want the option of using the CB without the ignition on). My ...
Intend to run it from the leisure battery, & Hope I remember to switch it off at the appropriate time, so I dont run the battery flat (Want the option of using the CB without the ignition on). My ...
- Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:33 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Intek H520Plus: Charging
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4575
Re: Intek H520Plus: Charging
Roger that on the "Over-charging" thing.....
Im thinking along the lines of getting them charged...then maybe once a week plugging one in as I drive to work (30 mins each way, & the cigar lighter switches off with the ignition)....so they have some power when/if I need to use them (Using the ...
Im thinking along the lines of getting them charged...then maybe once a week plugging one in as I drive to work (30 mins each way, & the cigar lighter switches off with the ignition)....so they have some power when/if I need to use them (Using the ...
- Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:47 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Intek H520Plus: Charging
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4575
Re: Intek H520Plus: Charging
Well, I never did find the mains-charger for the H520 :( & not knowing the pin configuration, I haven't tried making one (It charges via the Speaker or Mic port, right?)
On the plus-side, I have made a couple of in-car chargers for my Midland 42's....most Handy!
Also, I *THINK* the Midland ...
On the plus-side, I have made a couple of in-car chargers for my Midland 42's....most Handy!
Also, I *THINK* the Midland ...
- Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:39 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: No TX on my tti 881
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5850
Re: No TX on my tti 881
In my (somewhat limited) experience tti's in general suffer this problem....a few of my mates have had the same thing...im on my 3rd repair/new mic.
- Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:35 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: It annoys me when...
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4742
Re: It annoys me when...
Music players on 19... 
- Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:17 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Intek H520Plus: Charging
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4575
Re: Intek H520Plus: Charging
=D> Cheers Andy, Most helpfull 
- Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:51 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Intek H520Plus: Charging
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4575
Intek H520Plus: Charging
I have NiMh batteries in mine, can I use the supplied mains-charger, to charge these?, or were these for NiCd batteries?
Does it make any difference?
I kinda like taking the batteries out & charging them with "Smart" chargers....but sometimes it would be nice just to plug it in.
Can anyone let me ...
Does it make any difference?
I kinda like taking the batteries out & charging them with "Smart" chargers....but sometimes it would be nice just to plug it in.
Can anyone let me ...
- Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:59 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: How'd you use yours?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2082
How'd you use yours?
Part of my Job is vehicle testing....I recently come back from Southern-Spain, where "we" were High altitude Testing at Sierra-Nevada, just outside Granada.
This year I took a couple of Midland hand-helds+Car kits & a couple of small mag-mounts, so the two cars can keep an ear on each other ...
This year I took a couple of Midland hand-helds+Car kits & a couple of small mag-mounts, so the two cars can keep an ear on each other ...
- Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:56 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: CB WORD ASSOCIATION GAME
- Replies: 3488
- Views: 808443
- Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:18 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Midland 42: Keeping UK as default??
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8547
Re: Midland 42: Keeping UK as default??
Yes stampman, I have a scan button....when switching on, holding Scan & EU/UK at teh same time....the display is blank until I release the buttons, then show 9 EU.
Its not a big problem, but if I could get it to default to UK, it would be great.....
Thanks for the advise so far people....
Its not a big problem, but if I could get it to default to UK, it would be great.....
Thanks for the advise so far people....
- Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:12 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Midland 42: Keeping UK as default??
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8547
Re: Midland 42: Keeping UK as default??
Hhhmm :?
I dont have an A/F-LCR button.....I have a "EU/UK" button.
I guess there IS a difference between the Multi & the Base "Midland 42".
Ive been through the instructions & tried whats written down, substituting the A/F-LCR with my UK/EU button, but no joy.
ITs not TOO much of a problem, as ...
I dont have an A/F-LCR button.....I have a "EU/UK" button.
I guess there IS a difference between the Multi & the Base "Midland 42".
Ive been through the instructions & tried whats written down, substituting the A/F-LCR with my UK/EU button, but no joy.
ITs not TOO much of a problem, as ...
- Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:35 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: hand held c bs
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2993
Re: hand held c bs
cracking unit, the only issue I have with mine, is some of the graphics have rubbed off the rubber keys....may be worth considering a case?
- Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:07 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Midland 42: Keeping UK as default??
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8547
Re: Midland 42: Keeping UK as default??
Mne are both2nd hand...froma guy who used them in France...no instructions supplied.
I keep pressing the EU/UK button until it changes to UK.....but the next time I go to use them, they are back to EU.
I will take a peek at the above links when home...
Cheers...
I keep pressing the EU/UK button until it changes to UK.....but the next time I go to use them, they are back to EU.
I will take a peek at the above links when home...
Cheers...
- Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:32 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Midland 42: Keeping UK as default??
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8547
Midland 42: Keeping UK as default??
Hi all,
I've bought a couple of Midland 42 hand-helds/car kits....they work great EXCEPT....
Each time they are powered on, they defauly to EU Ch9.
Is there a way to at least get them to default to UK channels?
Any advise would be great
10-10
I've bought a couple of Midland 42 hand-helds/car kits....they work great EXCEPT....
Each time they are powered on, they defauly to EU Ch9.
Is there a way to at least get them to default to UK channels?
Any advise would be great
10-10
