Search found 9 matches
- Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:43 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: CB'ers in Ireland.
- Replies: 29
- Views: 13420
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Don't matter if you use FM or AM. 1w AM is there or thereabouts the same as the FM due to how AM works... 
- Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:37 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Very Disappointed...
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2361
Very Disappointed...
Hi,
I have just fitted a multi band CB radio in my 4x4 and I wish I had saved my money as there are no one about, anywhere! I used AM CB radio when is was illegal in the 70s and into the 80s when FM was legalised. So I thought I'd fit one in my truck, I already have Amateur radio in there. What a ...
I have just fitted a multi band CB radio in my 4x4 and I wish I had saved my money as there are no one about, anywhere! I used AM CB radio when is was illegal in the 70s and into the 80s when FM was legalised. So I thought I'd fit one in my truck, I already have Amateur radio in there. What a ...
- Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:36 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Poll - New AM Calling Channel
- Replies: 21
- Views: 57495
Re: Poll - New AM Calling Channel
Hi,
I have just fitted a multi band CB radio in my 4x4 and I wish I had saved my money as there are no one about, anywhere! I used AM CB radio when is was illegal in the 70s and into the 80s when FM was legalised. So I thought I'd fit one in my truck, I already have Amateur radio in there. What a ...
I have just fitted a multi band CB radio in my 4x4 and I wish I had saved my money as there are no one about, anywhere! I used AM CB radio when is was illegal in the 70s and into the 80s when FM was legalised. So I thought I'd fit one in my truck, I already have Amateur radio in there. What a ...
- Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:17 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Best front speaker rig
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1840
Re: Best front speaker rig
I very nearly bought this rig...
TEAM RoadCom-FS
It's a DIN fitting rig, so is large, I could not find a suitable location in my Terrano, so ended up with a PolMar Venus - http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/mobile-cbs ... venus.html from Thunderpole - thanks guys =D>
TEAM RoadCom-FS
It's a DIN fitting rig, so is large, I could not find a suitable location in my Terrano, so ended up with a PolMar Venus - http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/mobile-cbs ... venus.html from Thunderpole - thanks guys =D>
- Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:58 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: A reborn CB user
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3536
Re: A reborn CB user
As I have a new CB radio, the way I understand it, if I am in the UK I must use the UK band. If I used the EU band and use the AM freq I am breaking the regulations??
- Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:04 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Greetings from Suffolk
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1839
Re: Greetings from Suffolk
Thanks Andy... 8)
- Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:03 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: A reborn CB user
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3536
Re: A reborn CB user
Thanks for your answers....
What about these...
1) I know it is multi band and that in theory, being in the UK you should be using the UK FM bands, but does anyone 'stray' off onto the AM bands?
2) Also things have changed regarding CB and from listening on the UK FM bands, I hear very few ...
What about these...
1) I know it is multi band and that in theory, being in the UK you should be using the UK FM bands, but does anyone 'stray' off onto the AM bands?
2) Also things have changed regarding CB and from listening on the UK FM bands, I hear very few ...
- Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:45 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: A reborn CB user
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3536
A reborn CB user
As I said in my introduction, I have used CB from the 70s (AM :lol: ) through to the mid 80s, when I got my Amateur licence. Just lately I fancied getting a CB and I have now bought a Polmar Venus CB radio. I know it is multi band and that in theory, being in the UK you should be using the UK FM ...
- Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:29 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Greetings from Suffolk
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1839
Greetings from Suffolk
Hi,
Name here is Steve, QTH, just north of Ipswich, Suffolk.
I started to use CB in the 70s, AM of course, then through to 1981 when it went legal. I stopped using CB in the mid 80s, but now have a hankering to get another CB. Eventually I bought a Polmar Venus from the guys here at Thunderpole ...
Name here is Steve, QTH, just north of Ipswich, Suffolk.
I started to use CB in the 70s, AM of course, then through to 1981 when it went legal. I stopped using CB in the mid 80s, but now have a hankering to get another CB. Eventually I bought a Polmar Venus from the guys here at Thunderpole ...
