Search found 11 matches
- Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:20 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Users
- Topic: What's The Best Place To Learn?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 22855
Re: What's The Best Place To Learn?
Unfortunately, youtube is full of blokes either filming the contents of the box that contain their brand new antenna,or even more videos of post set-up of probably the same blokes, chatting to some bloke across the pond about their rig, radio, antenna, mike and their location. Not much at all with ...
- Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:22 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Poll - New AM Calling Channel
- Replies: 21
- Views: 57495
Re: Poll - New AM Calling Channel
The only way we can get more people on CB radio is to send them as XMAS presents.
From nostalgia 14 should be the channel, it's where it began and it seems appropriate to keep it to its original roots.
I'm with you on that one OG
One four was the widely used breaker/calling channel and the one ...
From nostalgia 14 should be the channel, it's where it began and it seems appropriate to keep it to its original roots.
I'm with you on that one OG
One four was the widely used breaker/calling channel and the one ...
- Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:06 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Antenna cable run issue
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3699
Re: Antenna cable run issue
Thank's stampman for your reply
If it ain't fixed, don't break it.
If it ain't fixed, don't break it.
- Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:04 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: a99
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4639
Re: a99
I don't think anyone is going to sell an A99 for £20, unless it's knackered of course. Just be careful buying an A99 that cheap.
- Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:21 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Users
- Topic: Council Onanists (W***ers)
- Replies: 31
- Views: 63053
Re: Council Onanists (W***ers)
As far as I can gather from the local authority. So long as the antenna is now higher than 20feet above the highest part of the house, it should not break any planning rules or regulations. Well, that's what they told me at the local planning office here in the East Midlands. I am still going to get ...
- Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:49 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Antenna cable run issue
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3699
Antenna cable run issue
Good morning all.
I have a cable run issue. There is a telephone cable running down the gable end of my detached house from the facia board to about 2 feet from the ground where it enters the house. I need to run the antenna coax passed this telephone cable. This is the only gable end available to ...
I have a cable run issue. There is a telephone cable running down the gable end of my detached house from the facia board to about 2 feet from the ground where it enters the house. I need to run the antenna coax passed this telephone cable. This is the only gable end available to ...
- Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:08 am
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: TESTING THE WATER
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3952
Re: TESTING THE WATER
Cheers for that Andy. Quite impressive to think how many more are actually out there lurking in the shadows, so to speak.
- Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:24 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Install Antrone 99
- Replies: 5
- Views: 18157
Re: Install Antrone 99
Thunderpole sell emBrokenSticks wrote:Hi all,
I am planing on putting an Antrone 99 on the side of the house. If anyone has info and links to the sort of fittings I will need to do this so its safe and very secure, that would be a great helpalso any tips if you have them.
Thx
- Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:19 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: antron99
- Replies: 6
- Views: 18528
Re: antron99
I am told that the Antron99 will bleed noticeably if not erected high enough. Gonna whack mine on the gable side as it is just under 20ft and legal.
- Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:08 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: cb radio antenna legal height
- Replies: 29
- Views: 100964
Re: cb radio antenna legal height
Stick it up and tell them it's an antique tv mast as you are watching 1920s tv.
- Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:42 am
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: TESTING THE WATER
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3952
TESTING THE WATER
Hello everyone
Is the use of CB radio growing (homebase) I used to be on the airwaves many moons ago and have recently been looking at a few rigs that have caught my eye. I'm up in the East Midlands right next to The Wash. How do the numbers stack up compared to say back in the eighties when we were ...
Is the use of CB radio growing (homebase) I used to be on the airwaves many moons ago and have recently been looking at a few rigs that have caught my eye. I'm up in the East Midlands right next to The Wash. How do the numbers stack up compared to say back in the eighties when we were ...
