Search found 13 matches
- Fri May 17, 2019 11:59 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Getting back into it...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 29958
Re: Getting back into it...
Got my radio and its hot! just got my hygain silver rod up but have not routed the feed to my radio yet. do i need to earth the aerial? got a charly tango handle. really close to pressing the key in earnest.
- Mon May 06, 2019 1:08 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Radios
- Topic: Power supplies. Which type?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 19051
Re: Power supplies. Which type?
just unpacked an ebay power supply it was in much worse condition than i expected.. I will clean it up and turn it on and test it with a multimeter. if it burns in ok I will use it
Altai Regulated power supply with short circuit protection model RPS-1205
Input 240volts AC
Output 13.8v DC
Current ...
Altai Regulated power supply with short circuit protection model RPS-1205
Input 240volts AC
Output 13.8v DC
Current ...
- Mon May 06, 2019 12:58 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Radios
- Topic: not sure which
- Replies: 2
- Views: 16400
not sure which
I have a couple of radios here I have a SS9600N and a TCB880 both have legal, high and low bands and variable power in the box. I also have 2 Cobra 148GTL one is fully working and one needs attention. I am not going to be using these from day to day but may get one out if the skip is high. I think ...
- Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:29 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: TTI 880 transmitting issues
- Replies: 5
- Views: 19912
Re: TTI 880 transmitting issues
I have one of these tti tcb880's and its a good radio. why not get it fixed you wont regret it and you will save yourself some money.
- Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:17 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Little Will Antenna
- Replies: 4
- Views: 16812
Re: Little Will Antenna
dont know if i can post youtube vids but this is helpful with fitting this aerial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX4Sek6-8iM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZTLD_L2f2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX4Sek6-8iM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZTLD_L2f2g
- Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:24 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Need help with choosing an antenna
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8007
Re: Need help with choosing an antenna
update on the aerial erector this is sorted and will get done soon... nice
- Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:15 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Need help with choosing an antenna
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8007
Re: Need help with choosing an antenna
Great just got my 1/2 wave silver rod need to assemble it now. Looks straightforward can i use amalgamating tape to seal each section from water? It wont affect the SWR reading of the aerial... guess i can use it on the plug too!
Any ideas of getting a standoff and a pole attached to my gable end ...
Any ideas of getting a standoff and a pole attached to my gable end ...
- Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:20 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Up and Running, now need a radio.
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2648
Re: Up and Running, now need a radio.
This is a nice rig just sounds like what your asking for "Superstar SS-6900-N V6" nice unit with frequency counter and channels switchable up and down with SSB nice. What d'yer think
- Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:04 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Poll - New SSB Calling Channel
- Replies: 10
- Views: 27550
Re: Poll - New SSB Calling Channel
well interesting conversation about call channels guys I voted for LSB 38 yes I know its the US call channel but THEY are all over there... sound tempting to me.
- Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:47 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: I am going to need something to do....
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4219
I am going to need something to do....
Hi to all not been on CB radio since my early to late 20's. My brother got his radio out the other day and posted pictures on Instagram. Something stirred deep inside me and I cant stop watching Lescomm on youtube. I may have it bad.... I bid on a broken radio from USA won the Cobra 148 GTL to my ...
- Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:30 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Need help with choosing an antenna
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8007
Re: Need help with choosing an antenna
I am setting up a base station and will put up a silver rod type. Do you get much interference from them.? how high should I get it? I hope to get it fitted on a pole above the eves of the house. I will want to use sideband as well as UK FM.
- Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:17 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Clouddancer/ Newbie
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4392
Re: Clouddancer/ Newbie
There seems to be a lot of replacement whips on the market - I wonder why? any answers for Clouddancer?
- Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:56 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Getting back into it...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 29958
Re: Getting back into it...
Just started the route to starting again. I am waiting for a Cobra 148 GTL from USA. I have bought it untested for spares so :?: your guess is as good as mine what it will be like. Hope it isn't a brick. Anyway it will be fixed even a poor cheap Chinese takeaway - the bad bits can be replaced ...
