That's only if people bother to register on here.Clouddancer wrote: ↑Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:41 pm Depends on where you live.
Thunderpole has a Map on site showing Breakers in UK.
Gives you an idea who is on CB around you.![]()
Search found 42 matches
- Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:39 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: where's everybody at?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10230
Re: where's everybody at?
- Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:37 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Lost Whip section from Orbiter
- Replies: 19
- Views: 68977
- Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:35 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Thunderpole silver rod
- Replies: 7
- Views: 24197
Re: Thunderpole silver rod
Not too much stormy weather, the standard silver rods are very flimsy (including the Thunderpole one, Hygain and Sigma ones, including the unbranded jobbies), if you want a bent banana then buy one of these but be prepared to keep going up the ladder to fix it. I bought a Sirio GPE 5/8 wave 'rod ...
- Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:25 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Red Devil Antenna
- Replies: 2
- Views: 18710
Re: Red Devil Antenna
I use one on 27Mhz (CB) and I find it ok for general use. I use it Homebase. Used to run a Modulator years ago and I would say equal to, but not better.
- Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:43 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: RADIO CHOICE
- Replies: 3
- Views: 17895
Re: RADIO CHOICE
Personally I think the CRT SS 6900 is a good radio, I believe the Anytone AT 5555N is a similar beast, just different colour display readout and channel number display colouring. The CRT 9900 is a more expensive beastie, well liked by some people.
I have the SS 6900 and find it a good transceiver ...
I have the SS 6900 and find it a good transceiver ...
- Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:28 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Loft Antenna Dilema
- Replies: 5
- Views: 22540
Re: Loft Antenna Dilema
11m vertical Dipole's are very easy to SWR in, I've always been able to get an SWR of 1.1.2 across 80 channels on UK FM 40 and EU 40 (CEPT Mid block) with very little trouble. Never tried an inverted V dipole.
Currently using a SIRIO Boomerang A which is in my garden mounted to a garden concrete ...
Currently using a SIRIO Boomerang A which is in my garden mounted to a garden concrete ...
- Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:10 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hi all
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6271
Re: Hi all
Welcome 
- Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:07 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Newbie
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5058
Re: Newbie
I've got the same problem in Telford, need to get my homebase aerials up.
- Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:09 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Instruction/Owners Guide if possible please.
- Replies: 2
- Views: 8127
Re: Instruction/Owners Guide if possible please.
The only Eurosonic Handheld CB I could track down is this one
http://www.cbradio.nl/eurosonic/eurosonic_ultimate.htm
Pics of ES 220
http://www.radiopics.com/CB%20Radio/UK% ... 0220CB.htm
http://www.cbradio.nl/eurosonic/eurosonic_ultimate.htm
Pics of ES 220
http://www.radiopics.com/CB%20Radio/UK% ... 0220CB.htm
- Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:04 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: The Big Net 2019 - 38 Years Of Legal UK CB Radio
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2597
Re: The Big Net 2019 - 38 Years Of Legal UK CB Radio
Now I feel OLD 
- Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:21 pm
- Forum: PMR446 Section
- Topic: PMR UK
- Replies: 1
- Views: 17223
PMR UK
Does anybody have a channel & frequency list for the new UK PMR channels, 16 of them I believe.
Also are the channels in use Analogue or Digital ?
I'm confused.
Also are the channels in use Analogue or Digital ?
I'm confused.
- Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:34 am
- Forum: Amateur Radio
- Topic: Bl**dy magnum 257
- Replies: 57
- Views: 81460
Re: Bl**dy magnum 257
Just brought a Lincoln boxed with manual and mint unmolested, just opened the band's for CB 😵 don't know why lol first copy today south Germany, mind I was 1700ft up the clee hill Lol 👍
That's not bad. Heard good reports about the Lincoln & Grant 2. :)
Must try the Clee Hills sometime, not too ...
- Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:26 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Faulty squelch button
- Replies: 6
- Views: 22792
Re: Faulty squelch button
Signs of good service. 
- Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:30 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Could I use a mobile antenna for a home base antenna?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 35568
Re: Could I use a mobile antenna for a home base antenna?
Try a basic 1/2 wave silver rod, available for around £30. Easy to SWR in apparently. Get some decent RG58 coax and PL259 plugs or buy a ready made up 10 or 20 metre coax length.
- Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:30 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Could I use a mobile antenna for a home base antenna?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 35568
Re: Could I use a mobile antenna for a home base antenna?
Yes, it will work, but probably won't get out very far compared to a properly mounted homebase antenae. Check the SWR before using it.
