Yes, agree, try to keep as "legal" as possible, ie don't flaunt things with big aerial, burners or use it late at night .
The biggest problem seems to be the lack of "CB ers" in my area. I have dug out my old Ham International, not a peep on any channel, AM, FM, LSB, USB and super high, looking at ...
Search found 7 matches
- Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:17 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Freebanding...27.555 USB.. Breaking The Law
- Replies: 15
- Views: 47252
- Tue May 26, 2020 9:25 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: CB near Southport
- Replies: 10
- Views: 20101
Re: CB near Southport
Hi
Thanks StampMan for the headsup with Leyland and Preston, Ch 28, is that AM (old or new) FM, I used the "old" AM and USB, but not for a while, so I will give it shot.
Stormy
Thanks StampMan for the headsup with Leyland and Preston, Ch 28, is that AM (old or new) FM, I used the "old" AM and USB, but not for a while, so I will give it shot.
Stormy
- Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:29 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: CB near Southport
- Replies: 10
- Views: 20101
Re: CB near Southport
I'm a bit loath to buy a new aerial( tight!) if there is nothing there. I will go back and try again, weekend job probably.
Thanks for the reply and information

Thanks for the reply and information
- Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:10 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: No need for social distancing when you have a cb radio
- Replies: 17
- Views: 40739
Re: No need for social distancing when you have a cb radio
Same here around Southport, nothing to be heard AM/FM Hi Mid Lo USB and LSB. Thought it was the rigs, they talk to each other so I guess no-one's there.

- Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:41 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: CB near Southport
- Replies: 10
- Views: 20101
Re: CB near Southport
It's quiet, yeah too quiet.
Not heard a soul, might leave it on in the garage whilst working around tomorrow, kinda monitor it all day, failing that I will not be buying a new aerial or rig, as you say a pity, times was you couldn't find a channel to talk on, now with the International using AM / FM ...
Not heard a soul, might leave it on in the garage whilst working around tomorrow, kinda monitor it all day, failing that I will not be buying a new aerial or rig, as you say a pity, times was you couldn't find a channel to talk on, now with the International using AM / FM ...
- Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:48 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: CB near Southport
- Replies: 10
- Views: 20101
Re: CB near Southport
Very quiet, the channels seem quiet too, so much so I was doubting the radio was working. I will try both tomorrow, one to the other. I moved out of the loft thinking that maybe the cause.Looking at the user map, the country looks swamped, but no one there. I don't have the new UK FM only the old CB ...
- Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:10 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: CB near Southport
- Replies: 10
- Views: 20101
CB near Southport
Hi
Like some others, I have moved house, looked in the loft and found...
AM Midland 150m
Ham MultiMode 2
plus others.
After pinching a P/S from and old computer, blowing dust off aerials and SWR meter I can hear nothing but static.
I now just need time to jury rig in the garage with a metal roof ...
Like some others, I have moved house, looked in the loft and found...
AM Midland 150m
Ham MultiMode 2
plus others.
After pinching a P/S from and old computer, blowing dust off aerials and SWR meter I can hear nothing but static.
I now just need time to jury rig in the garage with a metal roof ...
