Search found 4 matches

by JohnKey
Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:34 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: CB base station antenna
Replies: 5
Views: 17677

Re: CB base station antenna

I come across a seller who sells the radio and a brand new antenna he never managed to put in. I stay away from used antennas. Thanks.

I think I sacrifice the range but then I won't have to invest in ladders and as you said any problems with connectors / cabling can be fixed on the ground or a ...
by JohnKey
Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:04 pm
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Text message noises in the speaker
Replies: 1
Views: 14533

Text message noises in the speaker

Hi All,
Maybe you will know what is going on.
I moved to the countryside but what I have noticed on my old speaker whenever it's on I got these noises like there is some mobile phone nearby sending and receiving text messages.
Usually you come across a couple of such noises a day but in here it's ...
by JohnKey
Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:58 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: CB base station antenna
Replies: 5
Views: 17677

Re: CB base station antenna

Basically there is no radio or antenna yet but I started looking for some used kit on the Internet. I actually like to buy used stuff from people as you meet the owner and he can tell me a lot of useful stuff so it is not just a transaction.
I have about 4-5 weeks before the roofers come so I ...
by JohnKey
Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:35 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: CB base station antenna
Replies: 5
Views: 17677

CB base station antenna

Hi All,
The roofers are going to fix my roof and the chimney that is 50/50 with my neighbour.
I thought to use the opportunity and mount the antenna.
There are 2 TV antennas attached to the chimney already.
I don't watch TV myself but I was thinking if this is going to affect the neighbour's TV ...