Search found 30 matches

by Mr Benz
Mon Nov 18, 2024 5:18 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Major M360 - Help!
Replies: 23
Views: 43340

Re: Major M360 - Help!

image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (101.99 KiB) Viewed 19063 times
image2.jpeg
image2.jpeg (103.65 KiB) Viewed 19063 times
by Mr Benz
Mon Nov 18, 2024 5:14 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Major M360 - Help!
Replies: 23
Views: 43340

Re: Major M360 - Help!

Just back on here and realised I hadn't put any pictures up of the multimode , so here are a couple . Also a couple of shots of the Audioline PT-342 which arrived this afternoon - that one will become my mobile rig as it is the best one of the three of these I currently have , once I drill a hole to ...
by Mr Benz
Mon Nov 18, 2024 4:24 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Waterproof CB radio
Replies: 17
Views: 63455

Re: Waterproof CB radio

Hi , while I'm not aware of any IP rated CB radios ( there will certainly be PMR units designed to be used around boats etc ) the best suggestion I can make is that you look for rain protection cases for whichever radios you already have .

I work for one of the emergency services doing video ...
by Mr Benz
Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:22 am
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Major M360 - Help!
Replies: 23
Views: 43340

Re: Major M360 - Help!

Frequency counter connected ( I bought it secondhand so cannot verify its accuracy ) UK channel 19 , which should be 27.78125 MHz reads as 27.7867 Mhz .

I can communicate OK with my several UK 27/81 sets with nothing apparently wrong , and audio sounding OK , in both directions .

I don't currently ...
by Mr Benz
Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:34 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: AM / FM
Replies: 3
Views: 14594

Re: AM / FM

It might just be that there is no one on air within range of you . UK FM channels tend to be fairly quiet most of the time . I seldom hear people on FM , yet I have several rigs and can verify that I am transmitting and receiving OK .

Today , the skip is running and I can hear lots of stations in ...
by Mr Benz
Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:10 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Major M360 - Help!
Replies: 23
Views: 43340

Re: Major M360 - Help!

Well , I got the major M360 back in May , used it to chat to a number of stations both in the UK and overseas , although I could receive fine , some reported that I was transmitting off frequency . Notwithstanding the nice condition of the rig , it was 40 years old and doubtless some components ...
by Mr Benz
Thu May 23, 2024 12:28 am
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Major M360 - Help!
Replies: 23
Views: 43340

Re: Major M360 - Help!

Some pics of antenna
11image0.jpg
11image0.jpg (668.46 KiB) Viewed 19458 times
44image3.jpg
44image3.jpg (484.05 KiB) Viewed 19458 times
33image2.jpg
33image2.jpg (439.27 KiB) Viewed 19458 times
by Mr Benz
Thu May 23, 2024 12:24 am
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Major M360 - Help!
Replies: 23
Views: 43340

Re: Major M360 - Help!

I ordered , and received , the correct power lead within a couple of days .

The set has proved excellent . Not much on FM , nor standard AM , but the sidebands are very lively .

So far , I've heard stations from Texas , Louisiana , Canary Isles , France , Bulgaria , Belgium , Netherlands and ...
by Mr Benz
Thu May 16, 2024 11:37 am
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Poll - New AM Calling Channel
Replies: 21
Views: 57467

Re: Poll - New AM Calling Channel

I started out in 1981 with the then newly legal sets ( and still have my original Binatone Breaker Phone which was my very first rig , plus two others I bought later ) ; had a great many UK40 FM rigs , and later got a Ham International Multimode 2 , then eventually a NATO 2000 , sadly both sold on ...
by Mr Benz
Thu May 16, 2024 12:53 am
Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
Topic: Grounding
Replies: 0
Views: 29304

Grounding

I just put up my Thunderpole5 last weekend ; it is on a mast , braced down the rear wall of my house , with the bottom of the antenna more or less level with my cast iron gutters , there is also a cast iron drainpipe about a foot from the bottom of the aerial and going well into the ground .

I am ...
by Mr Benz
Thu May 16, 2024 12:47 am
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Major M360 - Help!
Replies: 23
Views: 43340

Re: Major M360 - Help!

A couple of pics
1IMG_0272.jpg
1IMG_0272.jpg (491.25 KiB) Viewed 19467 times
2IMG_0273.jpg
2IMG_0273.jpg (455.88 KiB) Viewed 19467 times
by Mr Benz
Thu May 16, 2024 12:41 am
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Major M360 - Help!
Replies: 23
Views: 43340

Re: Major M360 - Help!

I got my Major M360 last night , and got home very late with it , after a long day at work ...

I was initially worried that I'd been sold a lemon , despite its good cosmetic condition and coming in the original box and with the original mic and schematic diagram .

On getting home , the initial ...
by Mr Benz
Sun May 12, 2024 6:46 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Thunder pole now go !
Replies: 0
Views: 29388

Thunder pole now go !

Finally got around to putting up my TP5 which i bought a month or two back ; the day started out well , but a thunderstorm developed and I didn't fancy being up there if lightning struck my Thunderpole . I plan to ground it to the cast iron drainpipe just next to it - just in case .

Here are a ...
by Mr Benz
Sun May 12, 2024 4:05 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Major M360 - Help!
Replies: 23
Views: 43340

Re: Major M360 - Help!

I've just picked one of these up as well , getting it on Tuesday when I will be passing the vendor's location . I'm just in the process of setting up my Thunderpole 5 antenna and will cut the whip to 32" since this is right for UK40FM and also happens to sit nicely in the middle of the bands covered ...
by Mr Benz
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:32 am
Forum: Gallery
Topic: My Audioline 340
Replies: 5
Views: 63002

Re: My Audioline 340


The Uniace would fry your ears with its white noise , The 340 is easier on the ears with its low tone buton .Appart from this button they were the same radio .


That's why you could buy the Uniace 200 , which had the low tone button and a few other things , basically same rig as the Audioline ...