I use a modulator now the voyager and have had some good results. What's the TZ27 like?
Cheers
Joseph
Search found 110 matches
- Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:28 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Better antenna
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8352
- Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:08 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: mag mount
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4419
Re: mag mount
I use a 1.65m Voyager and a 6" mag and have had it up to 90MPH. So in a word, yes they do work, and my swr is about 1.2 accross the UK40.
Cheers
Joseph
Cheers
Joseph
- Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:06 pm
- Forum: Amateur Radio
- Topic: DX contact - 1,578 miles
- Replies: 13
- Views: 21291
Re: DX contact - 1,578 miles
WOW!
my longest contact was only 78 miles! bit of a way to go.
my longest contact was only 78 miles! bit of a way to go.
- Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:04 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: Uk regulations / planning laws on aerials
- Replies: 48
- Views: 105737
Re: Uk regulations / planning laws on aerials
I have a tank whip at 9ft long, I put it in my garage door when I want to use the radios which is only for a couple of hours a week so how would that stand, I have an old ham operator next to me who apparently doesn't like cb'ers or any radio operators any more!
Re: DX Setup
thanks, Hope to contact you some time, listen out for 26CT578.porky.69 wrote:hi joe, nice to see your station, the antenna looks great on the hill top .....enjoy the radio mate![]()
Cheers
Joseph
- Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:16 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: CB WORD ASSOCIATION GAME
- Replies: 3488
- Views: 809139
Re: DX Setup
I am only 15 and while I wholly admire what you guys do and support it so, I could never do it myself, however I am a member of a reenactment group and go to various military shows with WW2 allied vehicles, so all in all good fun, My parents have a 1944 Willys Mb & 1944 Bedford MW. Bit of fun ...
- Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:49 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Weather caps for 3/8 antenna mounts, are they available?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 15948
Re: Weather caps for 3/8 antenna mounts, are they available?
My 3/8 fitting has rusted up inside, it is probably as old as me!! So it has done quite well.
DX Setup
Hi guys my first bash a dx'ing but it is also designed for my bigger tent to be along side when I go camping with the Military vehicles. Here's a few pics to start off will add some more soon.
Joseph
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z338/joejeep1/Snapbucket/16610DA0-orig.jpg
just a pic of my ...
Joseph
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z338/joejeep1/Snapbucket/16610DA0-orig.jpg
just a pic of my ...
- Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:47 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: How do I DX?
- Replies: 28
- Views: 15035
Re: How do I DX?
Yeah I go DX'ing, I take my Lincoln and Lake Manxman 950 up 5m of rg58 to a 115cm steel pole with a 5/8 silver rod and some guy ropes stick all my radios in a cheapo pop up ten from argosh and a great day dx'ing, the other thing to add is that it all packs down into the box the rod comes in and the ...
- Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:04 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Groundplane and vehicle roof....
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4655
Re: Groundplane and vehicle roof....
No it's not, we have a VW Touran, but the jeep I have is a 1944 Willys MB, is stick the mag in the back corner and the body as it is all steel is fantastic as a groundplane and the modulator looks just right, mainly for convoy work but i have had a 12 mile contact on it so all gd, hope you have good ...
- Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:11 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Groundplane and vehicle roof....
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4655
Re: Groundplane and vehicle roof....
Stick it in the middle of the roof and your swr should be fine, i have roofbars aswell but my swr is 1.2:1 and that is a mag with a modulator on it.
Cheers
Joseph
Cheers
Joseph
- Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:54 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: New to this Craic..
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4959
Re: New to this Craic..
I wouldn't worry about a mag, i use one from the late 80's that hadn't been used for years, it's 6" with a modulator (1.65m) on it and i have had it up to 90mph in the rain, um I mean 77mph. He He
Cheers
Joseph
Cheers
Joseph
- Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:50 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: ERF Mirror Mount SWR Problems
- Replies: 16
- Views: 12759
Re: ERF Mirror Mount SWR Problems
My 5/8 rod arrived just over a week ago and have finally got all the bits so, today putting it all together, I have got a 115cm steel pole that has the 5/8 rod bolted to it, with nylon guy ropes and metal sliders for tensioning, holding it up and steady, have just ordered an earth spike from maplins ...
- Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:01 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: ERF Mirror Mount SWR Problems
- Replies: 16
- Views: 12759
Re: ERF Mirror Mount SWR Problems
SORTED!! Sent the ERF mount back and Thunderpole have sent a 5/8 silver rod down, I will then put it on a steel (or alluminium) scaff pole stabbed in the ground with some nylon rope as guy wires and there we go!
Cheers Thunderpole!
Cheers Thunderpole!
