Search found 30 matches

by NUBSTER
Wed May 13, 2020 9:37 pm
Forum: Amateur Radio
Topic: Callsigns.
Replies: 4
Views: 61458

Re: Callsigns.

Airfixpilot it seems you are very new to the CB scene, I was around CB radio in the illegal days of AM in the 70s in fact I started on in 1975 and your so 100% wrong in what your saying about it being a free for all back then and bad attitudes, in fact we was more professional back then before it ...
by NUBSTER
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:12 pm
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: No need for social distancing when you have a cb radio
Replies: 17
Views: 40733

Re: No need for social distancing when you have a cb radio

Doubt I would give up CB totally, but I don't think I will be as active or enthusiastic as I use to be with it, I've never been without a CB since I started on it 1975 weather it be connected up or not so I think if I flogg all my stuff I would actually miss it plus it would feel strange.
by NUBSTER
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:37 pm
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: No need for social distancing when you have a cb radio
Replies: 17
Views: 40733

Re: No need for social distancing when you have a cb radio

I miss the days of being a true pirate of the airwaves good old AM days :twisted: ,I'm not a defeatist but more dissaluded with CB TBH mate the way it has become in my area in London it seems as you say the Fking idiots on 19 insulting all or the complete opposite end the ones who are so far up ...
by NUBSTER
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:38 am
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Peak times?
Replies: 3
Views: 16189

Re: Peak times?

It use to be 24/7 when CB radio was at it's most popular from say mid 80s till about 2008 then it seemed to have gone out of favour and get quieter and not as popular apart from the idiots on uk19FM and occasional little networks that are normally arranged by phone text lol
by NUBSTER
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:01 pm
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: No need for social distancing when you have a cb radio
Replies: 17
Views: 40733

Re: No need for social distancing when you have a cb radio

You would think CB would have a bit of a bigger revival concerning the situation ATM with the lockdown especially from old time CBers ,but no it's not ,and
what makes me laugh is that if you say that CB is dead which it is IMHO now,on other forums (ie: Charlie Tango) you get a load of abuse from ...
by NUBSTER
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:54 pm
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: No need for social distancing when you have a cb radio
Replies: 17
Views: 40733

Re: No need for social distancing when you have a cb radio

Its totally dead in London, apart from you might hear a couple of people talking but that's about it , not even the normal idiots that congregate on uk19 are on which I do find strange, TBH it was dead anyway even before all this lockdown and Corona virus stuff but I would have thought it would been ...
by NUBSTER
Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:44 pm
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: 575-M6/ President Teddy
Replies: 4
Views: 4408

Re: 575-M6/ President Teddy

OK mate cheers I guess it would might be something to do with the Teardrop I'll leave it with the standard mic then, and keep the 575 as a spare to use on my Jackson 1 when I dont use the Silver Eagle on it :)
by NUBSTER
Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:07 pm
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: 575-M6/ President Teddy
Replies: 4
Views: 4408

Re: 575-M6/ President Teddy

stampman wrote:are you certain the set is on uk freq and fm not am ?



*King* *King* *King* *King*

Err yes 100% and by the way I'm not new to CB radio been on since 1975/76 so I think I know the difference to AM and FM
by NUBSTER
Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:14 am
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: 575-M6/ President Teddy
Replies: 4
Views: 4408

575-M6/ President Teddy

I have a President Teddy radio and it is fitted with its standard eletrec microphone and I wanted to fit my Astatic 575-M6 Teardrop to so I got the wiring seqence from President themselves for the Teddy so the was no mistakes and rewired my Teardrop but for some reason it does not seem to be working ...
by NUBSTER
Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:07 pm
Forum: Gallery
Topic: Just a Update
Replies: 3
Views: 16099

Just a Update

Have'nt been on here for long time so here is my update of what radio I'm using now President Jackson (6 band version), Cobra 19 IV EU DX , Antenna Antron 99

Image
by NUBSTER
Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:04 pm
Forum: Nostalgia
Topic: Mack the Hack
Replies: 6
Views: 20042

Re: Mack the Hack

Image

:D :lol: :D :wink:
by NUBSTER
Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:47 am
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Whats a good PWR mike
Replies: 4
Views: 3459

Re: Whats a good PWR mike

Yeah thats right my SS3900 does recive without the mic in, TBH I've only mainly owned Uniden or Cobra radios so never thought of no recive without a mic plug in :oops: thanks both of you for the info/help, Andy & stampman


Martin http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae233/ElveeKaye/Smilies%20and ...
by NUBSTER
Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:08 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Whats a good PWR mike
Replies: 4
Views: 3459

Re: Whats a good PWR mike

Thanks for they reply stampman, just another query then ,if there is a wire missing on my Teardrop 575M6 how comes it works perfect on my SS3900 and any other radio that is the same wireing as the SS3900 ie: a friends 148 and any Uniden radio Ive tried it on
but not on the Danita #-o

thanks again ...
by NUBSTER
Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:38 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: Whats a good PWR mike
Replies: 4
Views: 3459

Whats a good PWR mike

I have just got a Danita 3000UK 80 channel radio just to stick in the car and want to know what would be a good power mic for it as it dont like my Astatic teardrop 575M6 for some reason when connected to the Danita it keys up perfect RX/TX but it seem to make the recive quiate and I get no voices I ...
by NUBSTER
Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:24 pm
Forum: Nostalgia
Topic: Old CB MAGS
Replies: 7
Views: 19322

Old CB MAGS

I was looking for somthing else in my garage today, did'nt find what I was looking for but I found these a bit of nostalga pre legal UKFM days some of the mags

Image
Image