Search found 6 matches

by Foxbat
Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:50 pm
Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
Topic: Antron99 And Weather Interference
Replies: 7
Views: 6551

Re: Antron99 And Weather Interference

Sounds like static is building up in the antenna itself. The best way to get rid of it would be to put a 1 MOhm carbon resistor (don't use a wirewound resistor) between the radiating part of the antenna and the groundplane side. The resistor would be high enough value to not affect the impedance ...
by Foxbat
Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:29 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hi I'm New To The Forum
Replies: 5
Views: 2942

Re: Hi I'm New To The Forum

Thanks :D :oops:
by Foxbat
Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:28 am
Forum: 4x4 Owners
Topic: interference
Replies: 22
Views: 49922

Re: interference

Have you got a good earth on the braid side of the coax? If you have a multimeter, unplug the coax and check from the outside of the plug to a handy earth (I usually use the door catch). Also check for continuity between the centre pin and the antenna (I am guessing you have that otherwise your SWR ...
by Foxbat
Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:14 am
Forum: 4x4 Owners
Topic: How many 4x4 breakers do we have!
Replies: 105
Views: 164530

Re: How many 4x4 breakers do we have!

2nd Gen Toyota Surf 3.0 here as daily driver, for laning and as a tug for the caravan and a Suzuki SJ413 with loads of mods for P&P days. Should hopefully have the CB in the Surf in a day or two, plus my Alinco DX70TH Ham Radio rig for Top Band to 6M, in a couple of weeks - once it has been repaired ...
by Foxbat
Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hi I'm New To The Forum
Replies: 5
Views: 2942

Hi I'm New To The Forum

I thought I ought to pop in and introduce myself. I was a CBer back in the AM days, around 1978 to 81, then went over to the legal FM. It was totally taken over by wallies, so I packed it in, in about 1989. In 1991 I took the RAE and became a licenced ham. I stayed active on the ham bands until 2006 ...
by Foxbat
Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:41 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: 9ft Tank Whip (SWR)
Replies: 30
Views: 16557

Re: 9ft Tank Whip (SWR)

If the tank whip is 9ft, it is about 6" too long. After checking that you have continuity between the centre of the PL259 antenna plug and the whip. Infinity (open circuit) between the inner and outer of the coax and continuity between the outside of the antenna plug and the vehicle body (if using a ...