Search found 31 matches
- Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:30 pm
- Forum: Scanners and Receivers
- Topic: Listening to digital
- Replies: 1
- Views: 16284
Listening to digital
Just a quick question.. I have programmed my UHF radio to listen to my local pubwatch frequency but all I hear is the occasional buzz for a few seconds every now and again. Is this because they are using digital radios? I know they use the motorola DP radios but was hoping I could still listen in ...
- Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:04 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Help re: transceiver/license etc for van>base communication
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7977
Re: Help re: transceiver/license etc for van>base communicat
You can go even further and go encrypted digital UHF radios which I think scanners won't (correct if wrong) work but that costs a lot more so all dependant on budget and what your using them for.
- Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:09 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Help re: transceiver/license etc for van>base communication
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7977
Re: Help re: transceiver/license etc for van>base communicat
Like before I'm no expert but if general chat then CB if anything more private passing over details and such I would go for hand held and base station UHF and buy a licence with your own frequency that way it's more private and no one to interrupt or to talk over you
- Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:37 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Help re: transceiver/license etc for van>base communication
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7977
Re: Help re: transceiver/license etc for van>base communicat
I not a expert by any means but I would say either use CB radio mobile in van and base station at the static site. Or might be worth considering using handheld 4W uhf radios, I have motorola cp040 and they will work over a mile apart with 2 handhelds but will go further dependant on terrain. I would ...
- Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:14 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Danita multi 3000
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2309
Danita multi 3000
Hi, I have the danita multi 3000 and seen online there is a mod to open up channels by removing a jumper conector. This is fine but what channels will it give me extra and how will I go through them? Also by holding down certain buttons while turning on I can select different countries and there ...
- Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:28 am
- Forum: Amateur Radio
- Topic: Very cheap motorola gp320
- Replies: 3
- Views: 15904
Re: Very cheap motorola gp320
How does a frequency counter work and are they expensive? Thanks
- Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:13 pm
- Forum: Amateur Radio
- Topic: Very cheap motorola gp320
- Replies: 3
- Views: 15904
Very cheap motorola gp320
Hi, I recently bought a Motorola gp320 very cheap to my surprise after a low bid for fun but I do not know what frequency it's on and the previous owner is no help, just wondering if there's a way to find out without having to buy a programming cable and go that way? Thanks
- Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:11 pm
- Forum: Amateur Radio
- Topic: Motorola cp040 programming
- Replies: 1
- Views: 16718
Motorola cp040 programming
Hi, I recently bought 2 separate Motorola cp040 radios and a programming cable. But I am unable to find any software programmes to programme the units to my desired frequencies, anyone know of anywhere I can get hold of any software? Thanks
- Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:35 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: How busy is your area???
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8399
How busy is your area???
Hi everyone, just to get some activity going again thought I would start a topic on how busy your area is on the CB?
Just post your area with how busy it is and when is active times and dead times and what channels are best
Thanks
Just post your area with how busy it is and when is active times and dead times and what channels are best
Thanks
- Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:32 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Anyone still around?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1981
Re: Anyone still around?
Glad to hear it, have to get everyone back active again..
- Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Anyone still around?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1981
Anyone still around?
Just thought I would say hi, havnt been on here in too long and not been on CB for a while, setting up the rig again soon and just checking what's going on as the forum is very quiet. Anyone still in or around the bristol area??
- Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:16 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: dont mean to be dumb..lol
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4867
Re: dont mean to be dumb..lol
ohh ok thanks, sorry for all the questions but its just so i understand
so what clamps or brackets do i need to fix my antenna to the pole? thanks james
- Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:15 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: dont mean to be dumb..lol
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4867
Re: dont mean to be dumb..lol
do i need to use a pole for the groundplane? and it there a minimum length the pole has to be? thanks
- Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:36 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: dont mean to be dumb..lol
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4867
Re: dont mean to be dumb..lol
thanks, jst had a look at the link and thats better prices
lolso could i just both the t&k brackets to the side of the house and fix the antenna to the bracket or do i need to use a pole from the bracket and then fix the antenna to the pole thanks?
- Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:12 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: dont mean to be dumb..lol
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4867
Re: dont mean to be dumb..lol
i just checked map*ins and they have t&k brackets for 20quid, so can i just bold the antenna straight to the bracket? and u think not to worry about the coax for lightening? thanks
