Search found 61 matches
- Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:57 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Dangerous things whips (no, not THAT kind)
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3437
Re: Dangerous things whips (no, not THAT kind)
I'm lucky my van doesn't fit in multi storeys, but went to a local petrol station(one I don't normally go into but need fuel asap) and the stinger hit all the little ridges and lights on the roof
, others rond here are built to get trucks under so don't have a problem with them
- Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:35 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Snow
- Replies: 93
- Views: 24274
Re: Snow
we've just had another 2 inch, our road was lethal before as the ice hasn't had chance to clear, had one car write it's back end off yesterday, he went down too quick and tried to brake too late, span 3 times and then parked it up the tree at the bottom of the hill 
- Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:52 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Earthing a Stinger with a gutter mount
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2727
Re: Earthing a Stinger with a gutter mount
I've a fibreglass roof on my transit, I put a body mount on with a stinger, just ran a earth to the nearest point and got below 1.5 swr, which is better than the mag mount I had on the roof bars 
- Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:25 pm
- Forum: Scanners and Receivers
- Topic: Are Scanners Any Use These Days?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 22802
Re: Are Scanners Any Use These Days?
I've got a scanner in the van, mainly picks up planes, but it also get mountain rescue and the coust guard when I'm on the moors or sea fishing, also have a handheld that covers more frequencies, can get cordless phones to tv, good for when the rig go's dead 
- Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:56 am
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: my new rig
- Replies: 4
- Views: 18636
Re: my new rig
cheers, works better than the old jesan kt 7007 I had in, that was a little intermittent at working, seems to pick more up to, I had the jesan mounted on the roof lining, so now thinking of putting the scanner there as thats in the back of the van mounted to a cabinet at the min.
- Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:21 am
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: my new rig
- Replies: 4
- Views: 18636
my new rig
got the new maycom em 27 in, fits nicely under the stereo
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/bigdaddymerc/DSCF1018.jpg
considering getting a new twig and mount this week, the only problem I have with the rig is the channel selector knob doesn't work, thought it was the lock function at first ...
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/bigdaddymerc/DSCF1018.jpg
considering getting a new twig and mount this week, the only problem I have with the rig is the channel selector knob doesn't work, thought it was the lock function at first ...
- Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:54 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: audioline always keyed up
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4477
Re: audioline always keyed up
might get it fixed then at some point, no rush to do it as I've just got hold of a maycom em 27, it's had the stealth mod done to it, which confused the hell out of me at first, thought I'd pressed the wrong button

- Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:41 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: audioline always keyed up
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4477
Re: audioline always keyed up
might not be worth me getting fix then
, only got it as the Mrs wanted it, she had one years ago and wanted another
cheers guy's
cheers guy's
- Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:47 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: audioline always keyed up
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4477
audioline always keyed up
eyup guys long time no type :wink:
I have a problem with an old audioline that I was given, it powers up and lights up as it should but is always keyed up, I've changed the mic for a couple of my spare ones, then I noticed that even with the mic unplugged it's still transmitting, also while the ...
I have a problem with an old audioline that I was given, it powers up and lights up as it should but is always keyed up, I've changed the mic for a couple of my spare ones, then I noticed that even with the mic unplugged it's still transmitting, also while the ...
- Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:45 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: an idiots guide to DX'ing
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1416
an idiots guide to DX'ing
Hi guys, is there an idiots guide to dx'ing?, wouldn't mind having a go now but haven't got the first clue about it,i.e. setup, jargon, things like that
cheers
Simon
cheers
Simon
- Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:39 pm
- Forum: PMR446 Section
- Topic: icom ic-f4sr(446) help needed
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3006
icom ic-f4sr(446) help needed
Hi guys, not been on for a while, anyhow just picked up a couple of icom ic-f4sr 's, had a look around the net and got some info on them and it says I can change the frequency's on them, but doesn't tell me how to do it, I seem to have a dx frequency on it at the min( managed to pick up a guy near ...
- Tue May 19, 2009 4:31 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Italy and CB's
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2052
Re: Italy and CB's
thats what I was thinking, all the long distance trucks have rigs in and couldn't Imagen them taking them out just for Italy 
- Mon May 18, 2009 10:49 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Italy and CB's
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2052
Italy and CB's
Hi guys, just been on another forum and got to discussing cb's and one member says it's illegal to have a cb in your vehicle while in Italy , I know it may be a odd question, but is this true?
- Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:27 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Picking up engine noise
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2357
Re: Picking up engine noise
how olds the vehicle? modern vehicles have good noise suppression fitted cos of all the electronics gizmos fitted, it could just be rf noise the alt. or even rf from the plug leads, but modern leads again should have low rf output. until you can track down whats causing the noise you'll not solve ...
- Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:13 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: twin twigs
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1681
twin twigs
Hi guys, need a bit of advice on installing twin antennas in a van, a VW T25.
Would I gain any advantage having 2 twigs or just better off having one working and one for show?
and would it be a pain to SWR in?
cheers
Simon
Would I gain any advantage having 2 twigs or just better off having one working and one for show?
and would it be a pain to SWR in?
cheers
Simon
