General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

Lee73
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:44 am

Hi all,

I recently bought a pair of little Wallis talkies for a trip to wales which made me think that getting a cb would be a good hobby , so before I buy my equipment I first thought I’d see if there are any aerial installers that do cb aerials but unfortunately no company I’ve phoned will do it, does anyone know anyone that can install a cb aerial in the Birmingham area and perhaps get me set up.

Many thanks Lee
Enterprise
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:07 pm

I've got the same problem in Telford, need to get my homebase aerials up.
GoldVolvo
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:05 pm

I think most CB'ers are likely to be of a mind to do it themselves, hence the lack of professional installers. With that in mind, I'd probably suggest doing some research on installing and tuning antennae & then getting up the ladder (or if you're not able/willing to faff with that, start off mobile with a mag-mount in your car & when you've made a few contacts you might find someone local who'd be up for helping out with your home base antenna.

Good to see there's still a few of us out there interested in getting on air legally licence-free, likewise good to see a few still hanging around on forums rather than wastebook (I hate antisocial media with a passion, and refuse to carry a mobile phone also haha)

You don't need to spend much either really, if you look over your local auctions and the like you can get set up a lot cheaper than buying spanking new kit. I'm on 40FM for the princely sum of £12 for a pair of radios/mics and SWR meter plus £19 for a mag-mount antenna so up & running for under £35.