575-M6/ President Teddy

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring

Moderator: stampman

NUBSTER
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
CB Handle: NUBSTER

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:14 am

I have a President Teddy radio and it is fitted with its standard eletrec microphone and I wanted to fit my Astatic 575-M6 Teardrop to so I got the wiring seqence from President themselves for the Teddy so the was no mistakes and rewired my Teardrop but for some reason it does not seem to be working properly IE: it transmits OK (ish) but on reaceve everyone sounds off frequecy or disstorted TBH ,what I would like to know is my Teardrop not compatible for the Teddy cos it has a electrec mic system on it or is it just my Teardrop, I say this as I did one have the same problem with another radio I had once fitted with the electrec mic system but I managed to sort that one and my Teadrop worked on that,c but this one is confusing me cos according to President it should work but it dont :(
By the way the Teardrop has worked 100% perfect when I have used it my Jackson 1 , Superstar 3900
any advise, help, would be appreciated

Thanks Martin
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:28 pm

are you certain the set is on uk freq and fm not am ?

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
NUBSTER
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:07 pm

stampman wrote:are you certain the set is on uk freq and fm not am ?

Err yes 100% and by the way I'm not new to CB radio been on since 1975/76 so I think I know the difference to AM and FM
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:15 am

OK just got to ask i have even cross wired sets and ive been in it since 1975 does if it works ok with the std mic then it is the wiring of the teardrop i would guess

if it anit broke dont fix it
NUBSTER
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:44 pm

OK mate cheers I guess it would might be something to do with the Teardrop I'll leave it with the standard mic then, and keep the 575 as a spare to use on my Jackson 1 when I dont use the Silver Eagle on it :)