CB radio.

General Chat - one nine for a roger!

Moderator: stampman

needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:27 pm

CB radio is AM mode midband...Not FM, Not SSB....Calling channel 14. Mobile Channel 19. What went wrong with it all? legalisation unfortunately. Those of you who can remember pre legal FM will know what I am saying! So let's all go pirate on some government reserved frequencies and rock the boat once more!!!
AppleTree
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
CB Handle: Ben

Tue May 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Lol, did it work?
One Life, Live It!

Buzzin' Around Channel 11 Usually.
needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Thu May 16, 2019 7:23 pm

My comment was nothing more than tongue in cheek... As for pirating on unauthorised frequencies, been there done it as they say, and have the T-shirt to go with it....I'm a little long in the tooth to be a catch me if you can pirate these days but I did enjoy outrunning buzby and the police many years back! I'm content these days to link up with our local a.m net these days as I always stayed true to what we called the FCC. CB band long ago, although I did switch to UK FM when it first became legal but lost interest in it when the kids and wanna be disk jockeys took control. As one that agitated for the legalisation of AM/SSB, I now regret that it happened as AM/SSB was more exciting when illegal...One of the saddest aspects of CB is the demise of the calling channel, you can call forever and a day and nobody will answer......Jesus, what's up with folks these days, :(