hi fi edinburgh

A place for new members to say hello

Moderator: stampman

bun
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:05 pm

im a newbee at cb have a isuzu bighorn truck .so far i have cut out the dash to fit my cb its alive and looking good i have 5mts of cable to get me to the back door .? ihave a bracket type that i want to fit to the door but it only has abolt that goes through the bracket then theres a rubber grommet thingy that has a nut which attaches to the antenna
can you tell me how i fit the coax to the bracket ,, a bit o help please thanks also would it be better for the antenna to be as high as possible on the vechical ..thanks #-o :oops: :?:
also im 55 year old married wi one grown up think he kens everything laddie ,but a good lad all the same ihave had 5 knee repacements in my left leg over aperiod o 4years i & now have a 20"ROD right through my left leg anyway
got a good wife that looks after me ..who loves dogs staffies first .hehe
do we still have handles when useing cb or is that old hat i could not aford a cb when i was a youth .cheers hope to be up and running ..bun think ill call myself blackbun :lol:
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:25 pm

dont know the truck but if ther was a gutter on it i would go down that route first as its dead easy to fit useing a boot mount can be a little tricker but can be done just make sure you dont get a short in it and it should work fine im sure andy can put up the link to the right boot mount for you

best of luck

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:56 pm

welcome *King*
bun
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:25 pm

thanks for that ...bun
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Antenna mounts.
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/fixed-body-mounts.html

If its the SNAIL MOUNT type you have to take it to bits and thread the coax into the black snail .
The center wire contacts to the antenna stud and the outer brade just earths to the washer .

If its the SUPER STUD type you will need to solder a PL259 plug on to the end of the coax .
bun
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:48 pm

thanks for that i have installed the radio into the dash i have the coax cable into the antenna at the rear onto the back door of the bighorn tried to ask on chanel 19 for a rig check got no one so i dont know if its working or not :cry: will take photo,s of the setup :?:superstud .looks like it. with abracket that fits on the side of the door
dont know if i have to go higher onto the roof theres a vent i can use but i dont want to have my areial to high as we have these hight barriers in edinburgh down at beaches and parks and super stores ::-()