Hi all

A place for new members to say hello

Moderator: stampman

Enterprise
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:13 pm

I'm a returning Breaker to CB. I'm in the Telford, Shropshire area.

First started into CB back in the AM days in 1978 with a HAM International Viking 80 channel AM rig with a DV27 on the back rear wing on my Vauxhall Viva, later changed the DV27 to a T40 ( a Spanish made copy of the K40 but better made ), this was mounted on the rear boot lid, served me well into the late 1980's. :)

When 27/81 was made legal I bought a Uniden Uniace 100. A Uniden 300 Homebase was added later, along with an ES880 reverb unit, a desk mike, internal home made dipole in the loft and a Thunderpole 1 mounted on the side of the house. When I moved house in the mid 80's, the Thunderpole was swapped out to a Modulator mobile 'twig' mounted on the side of the new home with a homemade ground plane. Quit the CB scene in the early 90's and sold most of my equipment on. Still kept the selection of mobile 'twigs' and kept a Uniden 100, nearly 30 years later and I'M BACK :) :idea:

The Uniden 100 had gone faulty in that time and has gone away for repair to a rig doctor. So had a look around ,contacted Thunderpole and bought a Thunderpole T-2000 rig, 7" magmount and a full height Orbitor.

So disappointed, the airwaves are so deserted, actually managed to get my 1st contact last night with a pair of Tellford breakers who confirmed that they could hear me but the audio quality was quiet, the T-2000 went faulty last night with an intermittent channel change switch, so having to use the UP/DOWN controls on the Mike so will be on the phone to Thunderpole on Monday as its less than 7 days old. Trust Thunderpole to be closedon a Saturday #-o. So have just rushed out to buy another cheap rig to use whilst I get the T-2000 sorted/swapped out whatever. ::-()

Nice to be back =D> Just [-o< for more Breakers to speak to. Might get back into some DX'ing and going out to a high spot and trying my luck.
Enterprise
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:17 pm

Well, I took the T-2000 back to Thunderpole at Northampton on Monday for them to look at the fault, they checked some others in stock and found the same fault, seems that the last batch of T2000's are somewhat lacking in the Quality Control regarding the Channel change potentiometer.

Had a refund back on the T-2000 and came away with a TTI 881n rig https://www.thunderpole.co.uk/mobile-cb ... -881n.html
this is a smart Rig and performs well, I would say it is slightly better than the T-2000 performance wise, but lacks the channel frequency display readout. Also bought a Sirio Boomerang A homebase antennae whilst I was there
https://www.sirioantenne.it/en/products ... oomerang-w
which at the moment is temporarily attached to a garden concrete fencepost but want to get it up on the side of the house, but need to find someone with a ladder who can put it up for me ( Aufur itis and Vertigo means this is a no no for me [-X ).
Last edited by Enterprise on Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enterprise
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:39 pm

31 views and not a single reply from anyone, are you all in earwig or read only mode ? :? [-(