Huddersfield Calling.!

A place for new members to say hello

Moderator: stampman

Templar
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi all, thanks to admins for the add.

Templar here, will be operating a base station (when i get it all set up!) in central Huddersfield. Coming back to CB' ing after many years off the air waves. Like some of you i was a keen enthusiast back in the late 70's to late 80's and from memory i had a great time. Got hooked when i was in Berlin serving with the Army.
Back in the day i ran a Cobra 148 GTL-DX and found it a great reliable all-rounder. Back then my handle was Renegade and callsign Tango Romeo 24 when DX'ing.
Whatever happened to that great CB magazine of the time ? Anyone got any old copies they don't want ?
I'm currently reading up from some books on my kindle i got cheap to refresh my memory for the technical stuff, i'm sure it will all come back to me when i get started. Currently looking for a rig/set up to get me started again from the local ads, i'm going for second hand as money is tight at the mo, but i'm already getting excited.!

When i get set up i'm hoping to link up with other users on the airwaves in and around the Huddersfield area, so if your'e around there and reading this then say hi on here and i'll listen out for you. I don't expect it to be as busy as it was back then, but you never know, i'm looking forward to getting back into a hobby i loved so much and taking it from there.
Well thats about all for now, thanks for reading and look forward to your replies soon.

Cheers,
Dale.
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:39 am

Hi Dale,

Welcome to the forum and back to CB! :D

Andy.