1/2 wave mounting

Homebase antenna advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

grom
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:24 pm

I am just getting back into cb after a few years (25) away and have been using a TTI 880 rig into a Wilson 1000 in the car but thought I'd bring the rig indoors and bought a Thunderpole 1/2 wave only to discover no destructions or co-ax.

I am assuming that twig is assembled by clamping the telescopic sections and capped with the bung supplied.
Query 1
Is it OK to assume that just blocking the slots with next section before clamping will give the correct length.( I assume it would be a good idea to seal the joints so no water can get in - is silicon OK.)

Query 2
What is it best to mount the twig on - I am assuming it uses the mounting as a groundplane so any recomendations on sizes of pole etc or is it a case of suck and see.
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:35 pm

there should be marks on the sections to show the depth wich they interl;ock the exception is the bottom joint which should go in about 6 and 1/2 inch to 7"
whioch sets the swr mount on a pole and the higher the better on a chimney useing 2 mounts with a 6ft pole should do the trick and seal the joints with electrical tape or silicon to stop water gettingin

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
grom
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks for that - I found the marks.
Unfortunately mounting on a chimney is a bit problematical - I live in a static caravan :roll:
I'll try fitting it on top of the pole holding my satellite dish and tv aerial (3x1.5mtr interlocking poles from Thunderpole that is attached to a handrail post on the decking).
I nipped round to Thunderpole earlier and picked up co-ax and plugs I forgot yesterday so will get it erected sometime soon =D>
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:49 pm

oops has it a tow bar on if so put end of pole in earth and fix pole to tow bar stronger job

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it