I plan to put up a Homebase antenna but my location is on a hilltop and is, quite often, subject to some fairly strong winds. It'd break my heart
I'm also a bit wary of paying out a vast sum for an aerial as (based on what I can hear on my rigs via a little Solarcon mag. mount) there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic around here. We get a few of the “I’ve got a one-channel-Muppet-band-with-a-200w-burner†types enjoying their scintillating Tourettes-inspired conversations on the Muppet one-nine, and they're punctuated by "WunNineForraRoger" calls from time to time, but 19-Mids (27.185) is deadly quiet and, so far, I’ve heard no traffic at all on the “triple fiveâ€Â. So convincing her-indoors
So the question is this: can anyone recommend a good DX antenna that can withstand a bit of a blow and, preferably, has a bit of Gain to it? Or do I just get a nice reasonable-price 1/2 wave or 5/8 (Silver Rod type) and simply write it off / replace it if it gets wind damaged?



