K40
This was the mobile aerial to have in the 80’s, always wanted a K40 as a kid and said one day I’ll own one.
20 years on and now own one (also wanted a Rolls Royce as a kid but that’ll have to wait until next year
)
Purchased from Thunderpole

Unfortunately can’t tell you how good or bad it performs because I have never tried it, the cement mixer does not make a very good ground-plain
Mart
20 years on and now own one (also wanted a Rolls Royce as a kid but that’ll have to wait until next year
Purchased from Thunderpole

Unfortunately can’t tell you how good or bad it performs because I have never tried it, the cement mixer does not make a very good ground-plain
Mart
BEER IS FOR LIFE,NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS!
26-TM-1969 - Red Squirrel - Spinney Hill - mpcapri - more aliases than what's his name
26-TM-1969 - Red Squirrel - Spinney Hill - mpcapri - more aliases than what's his name
Way back in "De Olden Daze" (pre CB 27/81) I used to have a K40 and mag mount and I too liked the " unscrew the antenna from the magmount (for security) " feature. . . . right up until some toe-rag cut the cable and nicked the mag mount.
After that was replaced It was always a case of remembering to put the mag mount in the boot whenever parked.
I use a mag mount now, and still do the in-the-boot bit whenever parked so the lesson lasted a long time.
After that was replaced It was always a case of remembering to put the mag mount in the boot whenever parked.
I use a mag mount now, and still do the in-the-boot bit whenever parked so the lesson lasted a long time.
in the k40 i have had a lot of trouble in the past getting the swr right if the cable has been shortened puts the swr well out where as all other antenna you can swr on 12" or wired with no problem

if it anit broke dont fix it
Changing the coax shouldn't adjust the swr, this must just be fooling the meter?stampman wrote:in the k40 i have had a lot of trouble in the past getting the swr right if the cable has been shortened puts the swr well out where as all other antenna you can swr on 12" or wired with no problem
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
hotmetal1000
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 134
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:00 am
- Location: Queensland, Australia
coax lenght can change swr readings normally only ever so slightly. If the swr is going out big time with differant coax lenghts than I would say the K40 has some other design problem.



