Maycom AH-27

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
Post Reply
User avatar
TheJester
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:38 pm
CB Handle: The Jester
Location: Preston, Lancashire

Just purchased a Maycom AH-27 (for £35.00) on that auction site, which I thought was a good price. Got it today and its in mint condition, boxed with manuals and fake leather case etc...

Im quite chuffed with it too, a lot smaller than I expected...

Anybody had any experience with them ?

What sort of distance am I likely to get if I use the Maycom (at the caravan) along with the Midland in my car ?

Cheers,

Jester
HANDLE : The Jester
Image
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

what antenna have you got so i could give you a ruff idea but as stamp man says the same as gessing the leght of some string
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
TheJester
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:38 pm
CB Handle: The Jester
Location: Preston, Lancashire

Got an orbitor on the car and the rubber duck aerial on the maycom... it was just an idea really.... miles or metres ?
HANDLE : The Jester
Image
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

on the maycom out of a guess with no past experince 3 to 5 miles
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
Firetrap
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:47 pm
CB Handle: FireTrap 26CT100
Location: Whitby, North Yorkshire
Contact:

I had one a while back, I would say 4 miles max with no obstructions and about a mile max in built up areas with a rubber duck antenna.
Post Reply