Hi.
Just bought and fitted a Midland 98 Plus using (other company) Mag Mount aerial. All great except for when I move my steering wheel I get a lot of interference. Only way to cure is to turn the squelch right up to almost maxumim. I am powering through cigarette lighter socket.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Mark.
Noise from Power Steering?
A suppressor can't harm.
I'm unable to use the 98+ in my CR-V at the same time as my TomTom as the charger causes big time noise. May just be a Midland thing.
I'm unable to use the 98+ in my CR-V at the same time as my TomTom as the charger causes big time noise. May just be a Midland thing.
I'm no expert, please take anything i say with a tablespoon of salt!
-
madfish
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 pm
- Location: S. Wales/ newport, shropshire weekdays
Wouldnt be surprised if there was some fly-by-wire stuff incorporated as well as the normal steering linkage, not quite sure how you'd solve that. Would the antenna cable be near that area of the wiring?
Maycom EM-27, gutter mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDS
Maxon CM-10, boot mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDX
Maxon CM-10, boot mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDX
-
madfish
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 pm
- Location: S. Wales/ newport, shropshire weekdays
That could get interesting, if it is fly by wire steering I personally wouldnt go playing around with it, even though there'll mechanical main system
Maycom EM-27, gutter mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDS
Maxon CM-10, boot mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDX
Maxon CM-10, boot mount, 5ft orbitor - Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8TDX
The interference happens even with the engine not running and with absolute minimal wheel movement. Think it the steering wheel angle sensor for the ESP system. Have turned the ESP off but snag still there. I have unplugged the aerial and the interference goes away. So I know its not power related. Very annoying though as the only way to get rid of it is ti turn squelch up to about 80%. Annoying as hell.
Mark.
Mark.


