Whats a good PWR mike

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
User avatar
NUBSTER
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:49 am
CB Handle: NUBSTER
Location: North London

I have just got a Danita 3000UK 80 channel radio just to stick in the car and want to know what would be a good power mic for it as it dont like my Astatic teardrop 575M6 for some reason when connected to the Danita it keys up perfect RX/TX but it seem to make the recive quiate and I get no voices I did have to get cross over cable brand new made up to use the teardrop on it( as the teardrop is wired for my Superstar) and I thought it might of been that but I tried other mics wired the same way and they work perfect it just seems the Astastic 575M6 doesn't want to work on it I would like to use a Astatic mic on it but what one will work on it any Ideas, advise, help, please cos I've never had any probs with Astatic mics on other radios

thanks Martin
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

SOUNDS LIKE the astatic has a wire missing do a full investigation and get it wired straight to the set as i don't think you will beat it for performance

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
NUBSTER
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:49 am
CB Handle: NUBSTER
Location: North London

Thanks for they reply stampman, just another query then ,if there is a wire missing on my Teardrop 575M6 how comes it works perfect on my SS3900 and any other radio that is the same wireing as the SS3900 ie: a friends 148 and any Uniden radio Ive tried it on
but not on the Danita #-o

thanks again Martin
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Hi Martin,

I think I can answer that. It could be that it is missing the receive wire which the Danita needs before audio can be heard. As far as I remember the SS3900 and Cobra/Uniden radios will receive without a microphone plugged in.

The Danita wiring is this... http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/microphone-wiring-p6.html

Pin 2 should be the receive wire, which needs to be shorted to ground for the radio to receive.

Andy :wink:
User avatar
NUBSTER
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:49 am
CB Handle: NUBSTER
Location: North London

Yeah thats right my SS3900 does recive without the mic in, TBH I've only mainly owned Uniden or Cobra radios so never thought of no recive without a mic plug in :oops: thanks both of you for the info/help, Andy & stampman


Martin Image
Post Reply