Where can I learn more about dx'ing, amatuer etc ?

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
Post Reply
S109
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi,

Been on and off here for a few years, when I joined cb was very quiet so it was put away in the loft :( got it down the other week and stuck it in the gf's car and went to a local hill which is pretty high. To my surprise it was pretty busy on there :D I've now got it in the spare room with a Sirio mounted on the rad lol works ok with a really low swr. I was speaking to a guy the other night who's just got his rig up and running after 20 yrs !

Anyway I'd like to learn more about dx'ing and the amateur stuff as I am a complete noob on it all I know is you need to a licence to transmit using amateur stuff :oops:

I've contacted a local club but heard nothing back ?

Would like some links to some sites where I can learn about amateur and dx'ing that is written for dummies like me :|

Thanks.
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

there used to be a book called big dummies guide that was brilliant but try and get the american version if you can and go visit the radio club just turn up and see howit goes


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
S109
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:06 pm

I found this,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ham-Radio-Dummi ... pd_sim_b_3

But doesn't seem to get very good reviews, they say buy this instead,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foundation-Lice ... pd_sim_b_1
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

the second book would be the best one, it tells you how to get started in amateur radio :wink:
Post Reply