Cobra 19x

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring
Post Reply
User avatar
Asterix
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: Sanderstead, Surrey

Hi guys, Ive been mucking around with a cobra 19x straight 40 f.m. rig. It seems to send a blank signal and doesnt receive a signal that I transmit from about 50 yards away from my other rig, yet it seems to be picking up polish or russian from a distance. I know my rigs ok as I'm using it. The power meter needle doesn't rest on 0 when idle either. Would I be right on thinking this rig is destined for bin? Any thoughts guys? :? P.S. its using a Maxcom mike as well.
User avatar
Andy Nazel
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Hi Asterix! The Cobra 19x Is an AM radio that transmits on the european frequencies.Is this the radio you have? http://radiopics.com/CB_Radio/USA%20CB/ ... 19%20X.htm
User avatar
Asterix
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: Sanderstead, Surrey

Hi Andy, Yes that looks like it alright, the one we have has a 27/81 sticker on the right which could have been stuck on ( bit of a red herring ) Cheers Andy, think that answers it. :roll:
Post Reply