Audio line 340 - poor receiving

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
Sundown
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:21 am

Hi, I've got this great wee rig that I've had since my teens. Recently I plugged it in to discover that signals coming in are really poor. Bottom of the scale/meter with bad receptio, although people can here me fine. When I plug my rotel in, I can hear everyone perfectly.

What can be the cause of this? I've not used it in 15 years but its always been stored well and was put away in working order.
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

My 340 also went deaf and was only puting out 2 wats and i found that the board securing screws (marked with red arrow) were not earthing properly , just loosen and tighten each one a few times .
Image

Also you can fine tune the recieve a little with L5 and L14 .(marked with red arrow)
Image
Sundown
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks mate! I've nothing to lose I guess! I've another 340 coming into my possession soon with a piggy back pll conversion to give me 40 upper, although cosmetically it's gubbed. I might just swap the inners into my chassis if the tuning doesn't work.
Post Reply