Audio line 340

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
Sundown
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:21 am

I recently obtained a cosmetically challenged Audioline 340 with a pll 80 channel conversion chip fitted. So I started to swap all the good stuff from my duff 340 onto the new 80 channel converted 340 chassis. This included the signal meter from my old rig, as the one that was on the 80 channel rig was duff.
While everything seemed to have gone well initially with the transplant, my needle no longer moves to the top of the scale when transmitting. It did when I tested it all before putting the casing back on.

Any ideas?

It's still transmitting perfectly otherwise, and its also showing correct signal strengths when receiving. It's just annoying!
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

these radios are like the uniden cb radios they both have very lazy needles #-o
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

insulation tape across the meter solves the problem (you cant see it)


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Simply key up and adjust RT3 to your prefered point . RT3 is the horseshoe adjuster inside which is closest to the rear PL output plug .


Image
Sundown
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:21 am

I've since found out that the signal is really poor when keying up. The person I talk to most in the next town can't pick me up on it, but when I plug my rotel in, I get to him about a 7.
I've fried something possibly?

It was moving at first but it then started getting lower and lower until it didn't move at all!
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Did you check the chassis screws are earthing the board properly . viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4310
Post Reply