Hi all
Being a bit new to this CB stuff, I hope that this is not a stupid question...
I'm running a tti551 CB radio in my car with a 1.5 meter springer aerial mounted on a body mount and snail connector.
It has been running fine, with an SWR reading of around 1.2 to 1.5 and to obtain this, I trimmed it to lower the reading.
However, my chrome antenna was going rusty so I decided to go with a colour-coded antenna to match the car....(yeah I know).!
I fitted the antenna and duly checked the SWR reading, I was surprised to see that the needle hardly moves when I key the mike.
Is this something I should worry about ?
Will I still be able to receive and transmit ok over the same sort of distances ?
Hope you can help...
Low SWR reading
Thanks for the welcome and the replys folks.....
I'm getting a range of about 2.5 miles would I expect to get more, given that I checked it this afternoon around a built up area and no clear space between us....
Look forward to hearing your thoughts.....
I'm getting a range of about 2.5 miles would I expect to get more, given that I checked it this afternoon around a built up area and no clear space between us....
Look forward to hearing your thoughts.....
-
President Jackson
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:36 am
CB was only ever designed for short range communication, 2.5 miles in a built up town, 5-7 miles in open country dependant on terrain, Home base will be different with a good quality CB antenna. Always try to install antennas in open space and not close to houses. This will allow the signal to radiate properly and increase the range of your set up. Oh yes good quality coax available from Thunderpole


