Got my radio set up i could hear alot of foreign people on the eu channels lol,
on the uk band i picked up a breaker in lyme regis last night i could barely hear him he said i wasn't putting out much power, but could hear me.is this due to not having the rig hard wired in running it off a cig lighter.also rf gain what is it and where should it be set for best performance.
newbie advice
-
Laurie
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 10
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 am
- CB Handle: Whispering Thunder
- Location: Cheam, Surrey
I was told that the cigarette lighter route was just as efficient with power?
Also the fag lighter route makes the CB easily detachable for when the car is not in use. I guess it doesnt matter if the rig is hidden though.
Interesting topic this one .... especially the Lyme Regis result!
Also the fag lighter route makes the CB easily detachable for when the car is not in use. I guess it doesnt matter if the rig is hidden though.
Interesting topic this one .... especially the Lyme Regis result!

