56 plate xf.
I've recently rediscovered cb radio but I'm getting a bit frustrated with the aerial on my xf. It had the standard black stick fitted on the cab but I swopped it for a half breed type twig. Now I can't get the swr down on it below 2 and nobody can hear me unless I'm nearby to them. I've heard all sorts of stories about only being able to use the standard twig but is this really the case. I thought about bolting a separate mount on the side of the cab and running a new coax in with a good quality twig on but would I be wasting my time?
the std antenna on the daf is quite good needs swring and it is in the wrong place you should get better results if you can side mount it but doing so is not for the faint hearted

if it anit broke dont fix it


