I don't think my rig is broken more a lack of user manual so I will describe the issue . . . .
When I switch radio on I get three beeps volume up full squelch turned to minimum I get no noise
It also if I keep squelch button pressed makes another beep esl I have no idea what this is or does
Sometimes say fifty percent of the time I get noise ap per normal when the squelch is turned down
Aerial and mic connection checked where the screw in and seem okay
So my operating fault or rig fault?
Oh it's wired via cig lighter in a van
Cheers
Bm
User issue midland 98 plus
-
Bigman1207
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:00 pm
It's got esp not what I said above! Sorry
-
Bigman1207
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:00 pm
Brilliant thank you for the reply will have a look later today many thanks
-
Bigman1207
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:00 pm
All wires in mic plug are connecter amd also in the mic itself wires are different colours though to the diagram
Cheers bm
Cheers bm
-
Bigman1207
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:00 pm
All put back together same as previously not had noise for quite some time now on.matter how many times I switch on or off
-
Bigman1207
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:00 pm
Is there a way to check by bridging pins on the cb with Mike removed?
-
Bigman1207
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:00 pm
Google search
Okay bridged pins c and r on full volume got a very very slight buzz only just audible
Any ideas?
Okay bridged pins c and r on full volume got a very very slight buzz only just audible
Any ideas?
- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
Could be a faulty squelch control, or could be adjusted incorrectly inside the unit.
Andy
Andy

