Has my Midland 3001 finally had it?

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring
Post Reply
Styles
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:41 pm

I am a newbie, but dabbled with CB in the 80’s. I recently bought a new power supply and SWR meter and have a set up using a midland 3001 and a mag mount antenna indoors. I know this isn’t ideal but for now is all I have. I have picked up a few breakers clearly and after trying to come in from the side many times and going on the 19 for a radio check I am sure no one is picking me up. I experimented with grounding my antenna and have my SWR down to 1.5 any clues to why I can’t be received??
rhythmstick
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:20 pm

Maybe your mic needs replacing? If your radio has a PA mode, you could connect an external speaker to see if the mic works. If not, I would try another mic (ensuring it's wired correctly for your radio).

If you can get your hands on a cheap radio that uses a 27/81 CD frequency (e.g., the single-channel Realistic TRC-1008 walkie talkie), you can see for yourself what it sounds like. It may just be like my Midland Alan 42, that your audio is extremely quiet...
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

yes sounds like a mike problem or the breakers you are listening to have thw squelch turned up high
and can not hear you


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Post Reply