It's getting increasingly harder to sort out all the pornographic messages left on this board by computerised bots, I think I've removed about five today and I daresay other moderators and Andy have taken a lot off too. It's like a plague.
It's easy to miss any though, so if any unsuspecting forum member comes across one we've missed, could you point it out in this topic for us to go and remove it?
I realise this is an imperfect idea, and if someone else wants to delete this post then go for it XD
So, if you find anything we've missed... message a moderator or post sommat here.
Reporting Messages
- Basilsparents
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 225
- Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 pm
- Location: Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall
-
Photoguy2910
- Official CB Nut

- Posts: 87
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:29 am
- Location: Rosyth,Fife
Looks like we are gerring hit quite hard, It's not just the one nane, I've seen these posts from 3 different ones
108TM999
we need a password/post confirm box bit like this
http://www.ripon-internet.com/captcha.php
Stops the bots
Nige
http://www.ripon-internet.com/captcha.php
Stops the bots
Nige
26-TM-550
it takes me 3 goes to post a message using them
i hate them
i hate them
Noah has started a new thread in Intro yourself - Teen people award. A moderator might like to remove it before any young children see it.
I'm hoping this will die out before too long - it often does on other lists. Then we'll get the odd banking posts!
I'm hoping this will die out before too long - it often does on other lists. Then we'll get the odd banking posts!
- EarthWormJim
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 301
- Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:41 pm
- Location: Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire
whoops only just found this thread. in introduce yourself pornographic stuff. We had the same trouble on another forum i use and the admins changed the joining process to make it harder for the spammers to join and post. I'll have a word with one of the admins if you would like me to get all the details of the process. also if you guys need a hand ie another moderator id be more than happy to give up some free tme and help in anyway
Jim,
CB'ers do it till it Hertz...Side Banders do it till it MegaHertz
2H4OW
M3OJP
CB'ers do it till it Hertz...Side Banders do it till it MegaHertz
2H4OW
M3OJP
Thunderpole are not the only forum to be plagued by these pillocks.
I go on a big shooting forum here in the UK and Cranfield, one of the moderators there is also kept quite busy removing this spam.
Rob.
I go on a big shooting forum here in the UK and Cranfield, one of the moderators there is also kept quite busy removing this spam.
Rob.
You got Eclipse coming at you!!!!!
I'd rather be mud pluggin, fishin', or shootin! (Or on my CB Radio)!
I'd rather be mud pluggin, fishin', or shootin! (Or on my CB Radio)!
Compared to some I think we are getting off quite lightly. I've known a couple group close due to this - 5 or 6 posts an hour, 24/7 plus hacks. Admittedly some of it was delibrately targeting a group with the intention of closing it - that was really nasty.
Which shooting forum is that Apbuild? I'm looking for a good one UK based.
Tim
Which shooting forum is that Apbuild? I'm looking for a good one UK based.
Tim




