Hi i was wondering if the boomberang twig is any good?
I need a twig to use at home that is not to big, and one that my parents wont get annoyed with stuck on their house, so i liked the look of the boomerang. Anyone have any ideas about this twig?
Boomerang
- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
Hi and welcome to the forum
Basically, the Boomerang is a good twig if you cant go for anything bigger.
It wont work as well as, say a 1/2 wave but will outperform an Excalibur or a mobile antenna on a biscuit tin!
Andy
Basically, the Boomerang is a good twig if you cant go for anything bigger.
It wont work as well as, say a 1/2 wave but will outperform an Excalibur or a mobile antenna on a biscuit tin!
Andy
-
the spanner
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 11:51 am
-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
Hi, I have the same problem as thespanner.
How would you mount it?
What sort of range would you get if it was on your roof?
- Gordon
How would you mount it?
What sort of range would you get if it was on your roof?
- Gordon
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
Hi....Does anyone have the height and width of the bracket that is supplied with the boomerang twig?
I was thinking about mounting it like this:-

Would I need to earth it and if so how would I do it?
Thanks,
- Gordon
I was thinking about mounting it like this:-

Would I need to earth it and if so how would I do it?
Thanks,
- Gordon
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

I have here a Hurricane 27 which is a small 60cm antenna. Looks like a shrunk dipole. Had troubles with the swr initially but after mountng the antenna its working well. I have spoke to Poland and north Germany with it. Almost the same signals as with my Antron
Simon
Simon
Writer of Comms from Europe Radio User Magazine
-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
Hi, how far are you from Poland?
Have you got a link for the antenna?
Thanks,
- Gordon
Have you got a link for the antenna?
Thanks,
- Gordon
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
Could we possibly have some pictures of the antenna, the mountings etc...?
- Gordon
- Gordon
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
The mounting bracket is 35cm x 2cm.
I will take some snaps later on today and post them here...
Andy
I will take some snaps later on today and post them here...
Andy
-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
Thanks for the info!
It was much appreciated!
- Gordon
It was much appreciated!
- Gordon
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
I've been outside in the beautiful sunshine and taken some pics. It was a hard job but someone had to do it

The mounting - A flat metal bar with two holes to either attach to a wall/surface with two bolts or onto a 2" pole with a u-bolt...

Hope these help...
Andy

The mounting - A flat metal bar with two holes to either attach to a wall/surface with two bolts or onto a 2" pole with a u-bolt...

Hope these help...
Andy
-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
Thanks Andy, those do help!
I will think about it. I am going to college in September so I'm unsure weather to buy 1 just now or not as I will not be at home to use it.
I will be taking the SIRIO HYPOWER 3000 that I'm using just now and put it on my window ledge at college!
I would wonder if I could bend the bracket(where the holes are) up 90 degrees do that i could attach it to the plastic going round my house.
Do you need to earth the boomerang?
Thanks,
- Gordon
I will think about it. I am going to college in September so I'm unsure weather to buy 1 just now or not as I will not be at home to use it.
I will be taking the SIRIO HYPOWER 3000 that I'm using just now and put it on my window ledge at college!
I would wonder if I could bend the bracket(where the holes are) up 90 degrees do that i could attach it to the plastic going round my house.
Do you need to earth the boomerang?
Thanks,
- Gordon
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
You should be able to bend the bracket to fit it to your house, you would probably need a big hammer or something though!
As far as earthing goes, you dont need to, but you can earth the mount if you want to. The best way is to run a wire down to an earthing spike pushed into the ground.
Andy
As far as earthing goes, you dont need to, but you can earth the mount if you want to. The best way is to run a wire down to an earthing spike pushed into the ground.
Andy
-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
Thanks Andy
- Gordon
- Gordon
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

-
Round Baler
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:36 am
- Location: Airdrie, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
Andy: What is that antenna you were taking pics of above?
Can you send me the link please!
- Gordon
Can you send me the link please!
- Gordon
Round Baler
"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"


