Im back and want something new !!
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
Would you buy secondhand ? Some say yes and others say no with people fiddiling with the rigs, so don't know if I should just buy new?

M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
most second hand ham sets are not prone to the screwdriver experts so if you do buy one you should be ok i bought a icom 7000 thay needed repair but the cost of the set plus the repair came out at half the price of a new one
so weigh up the options first and dont rush ito buying the first one you see

so weigh up the options first and dont rush ito buying the first one you see
if it anit broke dont fix it
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
Okay thanks for the advice I have been thinking about buying a faulty one and getting it repaired did that with a laptop paid £190 for it cost me a tenner to fix and resold it for £400 8) 8) 8)stampman wrote:most second hand ham sets are not prone to the screwdriver experts so if you do buy one you should be ok i bought a icom 7000 thay needed repair but the cost of the set plus the repair came out at half the price of a new one
so weigh up the options first and dont rush ito buying the first one you see
![]()
![]()
![]()
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
Well sat my exam today and passed !
8) 8)
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
Congratulations! =D> =D> =D>
Andy
Andy
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
Thank you

M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
-
jumpingmaster
- Official CB Nut

- Posts: 58
- Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:59 pm
- CB Handle: jumpingmaster
- Location: nuneaton
congratulations cam on passing the foundation , the yaesu ft857d is a lot easier to operate than the icom , if running mobile , get yourself the atas 120 mobile antenna. it compliments the yaesu well for all bands .
look forward sometime to working you on the bands .
cheers joe
look forward sometime to working you on the bands .
cheers joe
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
Hi joe thanks for that information. Still undecided on what to get. Just out of interest how long do ofcom take to add your pass to the system ? I've been told around ten days :0jumpingmaster wrote:congratulations cam on passing the foundation , the yaesu ft857d is a lot easier to operate than the icom , if running mobile , get yourself the atas 120 mobile antenna. it compliments the yaesu well for all bands .
look forward sometime to working you on the bands .
cheers joe
Cheers
Cam
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
-
jumpingmaster
- Official CB Nut

- Posts: 58
- Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:59 pm
- CB Handle: jumpingmaster
- Location: nuneaton
hi cam ,
seem you got you callsign through before i got back on the forum, but enjoy the hobby ..
and you'll have many years of enjoyment in the hobby as i have and still do ..
seem you got you callsign through before i got back on the forum, but enjoy the hobby ..
and you'll have many years of enjoyment in the hobby as i have and still do ..
