Page 2 of 2
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:13 pm
by TheFarrier
Could be a problem here too tho, as I'm hearing very little activity on channel 19.
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:42 pm
by TheFarrier
You on to give it another crack this week some stage lad??
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:01 pm
by MrFendt
I have posted a question on another thread you started, if I am told my radio won't work here, I'll buy the one I have been looking at and I'll let ya know, hope to talk soon lad

Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:29 pm
by MrFendt
Well lad, I hope to be getting and fitting a cobra 19 DX IV EU tomorrow, hope to be on the airwaves at about 6pm onwards, what rig do you have ? What band is most common here in Ireland.
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:36 pm
by TheFarrier
Iv got a TTI TCB 660, so far as I hear euro AM is the most common in Ireland, but I'm getting a much clearer signal from my mates when were all on euro FM. Better range too. Ill be back up around trim next, ill give you a shout on here.
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:44 pm
by MrFendt
That's sound, got my new rig this evening, sure let me know when Ur back up and I'll be on the air
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:36 pm
by TheFarrier
Will do lad, best of luck with the new rug
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:06 pm
by TheFarrier
I'm back up round your neck of the woods, lad, maybe try pin down a time this week.
Actually I'm around until 9pm tonight if your up for it
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:18 pm
by MrFendt
Yeah, might give it a go tonight, are u on the trim road at 9pm ?
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:23 pm
by MrFendt
Say channel 5 on the Fm as the output is 4 watts on fm compared to 1 watt on am ( it will give us the best chance of hearing each other )
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:52 pm
by TheFarrier
Will be lad, ill be pulled into kiltale service station.
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:58 am
by MrFendt
Well lad, how's things, wanna give the cb's another go, I've got a better aerial now so it should be better

Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:17 pm
by TheFarrier
Ya lad, I'd be up for another go at it some evening alright,
Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:43 pm
by Paff
Don't matter if you use FM or AM. 1w AM is there or thereabouts the same as the FM due to how AM works...

Re: CB'ers in Ireland.
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:49 pm
by MrFendt
Well, I'm home for the weekend, just wondering if you wanted to give the cb's another go, I also travel the motorway from naas to limerick every Friday and Sunday if your ever on it.