Page 5 of 5

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:33 pm
by Matt C
Have beer, will travel.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:12 pm
by stampman
only in radio ham clubs (bad reputation)


:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:39 am
by Guzzy
stampman wrote:only in radio ham clubs (bad reputation)


:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Thought you were talking about beer there for a second. Almost joined up! :lol:

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:26 pm
by clives1947
what we need to do is up the profile of cb.a lot of it is just hiding away one day it will be back big time,some thing,someone who knows? I will always have a couple,i cant see it dying out,there may be fewer users,but i doubt if there are fewer radios,73s&88s.

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:40 pm
by DIGGER
Well I am new to it all. I am only 20, and find am interested in seeing what ranges I can get. Have some general Banter.

I should have joined the Navy as a comm's rating, instead of SONAR. I may look into getting my Licence via the MoD.

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:00 pm
by Basilsparents
For CB? It's abolished :S

I presume you mean something else

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:56 pm
by stampman
he could mean radio ham




:D :D :D :D :D

Save CB?

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:01 pm
by andy42uk
I've just come back to this after 6 years this time....
The time before that I was a teenager, back when it was 'better' and cb 27/81 was new...
About 6 years ago I gave it a shot with a few friends, got hooked on DX went a bit mad with expensive ham kit, ran a club, took M3, then it was horrid, I'm not a ham and never will be.
This time my old Albrecht 485 is quiet, about 4 people on around Oxfordshire, still have my sigma 2 copy on my roof so not an aerial problem, in fact I have a good feeling about it, a fresh start...
I think all the old 'kids' cb's and aerials have gone and the band is clear to use again, and now with no license...
I think it is now right for a revival, not too big, more like the late 70's.
Anyway hello to you all, speak soon perhaps?
Regards,
Andy.
I'd like to mention that from when I was say 16-22 y/o CB played a big part of my life, I have many close friends from back then still today, and I wouldn't have the job or lifestyle I have now if it was not for CB radio and what it taught me about people and electronics....

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:35 pm
by rotel 240
back in 1982 when i had my first rig it was brill,all my mates had em,we were on them all the time ,eyeballs ,windups, always messing with the aerials getting them higher if parents would let you have 1 or using indoor wires and fire-sticks,all the boy racers had them in their cars,i miss this part of it.
york,rotel,harreir,thunderpole, sigma 4, silver rod, melos,cb clubs,bring em back
paul

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:17 pm
by fatfinger
how do we save cb?
what r u trying to save cb from
cb will never be as big as it was in the 80's
you will not loose cb (even if they try we would all still use it)
just use what you have and be happy

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:24 pm
by stampman
spot on fat finger could not agree more up the revolution




:D :D :D :D :D