amature/cb radio set
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
ok
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
YES ID DID
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
if ya have what watt
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- marsh phantom
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 272
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: Marsh Phantom
- Location: Wales and kent
did my trip today, my van was full by the third pick up so only done the south east, will be doing south west tommorow now
didnt have the rig on today as i had a passenger but will be on 2mo for dorset/hampshire and somerset
didnt have the rig on today as i had a passenger but will be on 2mo for dorset/hampshire and somerset
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
The frequency counter didn't show, but I've a Stalker 9 in the van now with a full size Springer twig - seems to be working well.
I can only use the setup static mobile due to the terrible engine noise I get from the electronic fuel system
(it's a LDV Maxus and if LDV go bust soon, it'll be because they make terrible vans)
How is the suppression on the Transit?
I've got to do a run to Bournemouth via Warminster to get some blokes going on a job and then I've got to attend a site near Salisbury on the way back - I'll pull over if I see a high spot and put out a few shouts on 27.555 and maybe UK19
I've noticed quite a few operators gass-bagging for ages on 27.555 - I know it's quiet, but no doubt their radios cover from about 25 to 30Mhz, so surely they could QSY [-o<
06:30 start
I can only use the setup static mobile due to the terrible engine noise I get from the electronic fuel system
How is the suppression on the Transit?
I've got to do a run to Bournemouth via Warminster to get some blokes going on a job and then I've got to attend a site near Salisbury on the way back - I'll pull over if I see a high spot and put out a few shouts on 27.555 and maybe UK19
I've noticed quite a few operators gass-bagging for ages on 27.555 - I know it's quiet, but no doubt their radios cover from about 25 to 30Mhz, so surely they could QSY [-o<
06:30 start
- marsh phantom
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 272
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: Marsh Phantom
- Location: Wales and kent
the transit is spot on i trialed the magnum last night an no noise at all from it, funny that out other van is a ldv maxus lol half van half people carrier lol
i will try setting the antenna up so i can get on the 555 but will have to see what the swr is like, will be using the matcher so should get on there just play about a bit
you would think they would, as you know i put my call out and the at the end of the call give a qsy freq for replys that way i dont get stuck on the 555 with someone who is reluctant to move off
im up at 04.00, on the road for 05.00 at brize for 06.30 (the rig goes on here due to passengers before) shoot along to hertfordshire and hampshire then should be over the south west for around 10 or 11 ish, you never know we might even get a eyeball
i tell you what causes a lot of noise is the sat navs if plugged into the same power source, my tom tom gives me around 8 pound of noise is i plug it in the same plug, luckily the tranisit has to cig lighter sockets, i have a hard wired system in my own car straight to the battery as the icom draws about 22 amps
i will try setting the antenna up so i can get on the 555 but will have to see what the swr is like, will be using the matcher so should get on there just play about a bit
you would think they would, as you know i put my call out and the at the end of the call give a qsy freq for replys that way i dont get stuck on the 555 with someone who is reluctant to move off
im up at 04.00, on the road for 05.00 at brize for 06.30 (the rig goes on here due to passengers before) shoot along to hertfordshire and hampshire then should be over the south west for around 10 or 11 ish, you never know we might even get a eyeball
i tell you what causes a lot of noise is the sat navs if plugged into the same power source, my tom tom gives me around 8 pound of noise is i plug it in the same plug, luckily the tranisit has to cig lighter sockets, i have a hard wired system in my own car straight to the battery as the icom draws about 22 amps
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
If you do ever end up with the Maxus, please let me know if you get interference from it - it may be the fault is just with mine.
I've adopted your style with the 27.555 shouts - good idea.
I take 1.5 hours to come round in the mornings - I need a 5am wake up call for a 6:30 departure!
Talking of Transit vans - we installed a fibre optic network in a Army base in Ashford, Kent back in the 90's - in a JSIO building - the job was fine, but on the last day someone crashed into us on the A20 and we blocked the road with the Transit for a couple of hours - got us home afterwards though 8)
If you see a white Maxus, with a big silver Springer near the back - it'll be me.
I've adopted your style with the 27.555 shouts - good idea.
I take 1.5 hours to come round in the mornings - I need a 5am wake up call for a 6:30 departure!
Talking of Transit vans - we installed a fibre optic network in a Army base in Ashford, Kent back in the 90's - in a JSIO building - the job was fine, but on the last day someone crashed into us on the A20 and we blocked the road with the Transit for a couple of hours - got us home afterwards though 8)
If you see a white Maxus, with a big silver Springer near the back - it'll be me.
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
uh
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- marsh phantom
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 272
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: Marsh Phantom
- Location: Wales and kent
Offplanet wrote:If you do ever end up with the Maxus, please let me know if you get interference from it - it may be the fault is just with mine.
I've adopted your style with the 27.555 shouts - good idea.
I take 1.5 hours to come round in the mornings - I need a 5am wake up call for a 6:30 departure!
Talking of Transit vans - we installed a fibre optic network in a Army base in Ashford, Kent back in the 90's - in a JSIO building - the job was fine, but on the last day someone crashed into us on the A20 and we blocked the road with the Transit for a couple of hours - got us home afterwards though 8)
If you see a white Maxus, with a big silver Springer near the back - it'll be me.
ha ha im the same some mornings.
ashford in kent, i live just downt the road from ashford.
i will keep my eyes open for you while im on the road, will give you a shout every so often. is your handle the same as your username on here being offplanet, will shout on 555 if i can and uk19
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
- marsh phantom
- Motor Mouth!

- Posts: 272
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: Marsh Phantom
- Location: Wales and kent
sure is buddy
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986
Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
ok
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me

