Hello folks!
What's the consensus here folks? Will an Antron A-99 (with a 'fireup' top section) outperform a Sirio 827?
I've no experience of the A-99, although I've had a 827 in the past. I've noticed that the A-99 (in standard form) is considerably cheaper than an 827.
How do they compare with TX/RX?
Is the A-99 as good at handling high winds?
Which one will stand the test of time? What are your thoughts folks? I've noticed the A-99 be mentioned time and time again, not so much the 827....
All comments gratefully received!
Sirio 827 vs. Antron A-99
Oh, and I forgot to mention folks....
I'm thinking of purchasing a SSB equipped radio (much) later on. Would I be limiting myself by going for the 827, given it's narrower range?
I'm thinking of purchasing a SSB equipped radio (much) later on. Would I be limiting myself by going for the 827, given it's narrower range?
Call sign: 2H2SQ
Handle: 'Turtle'
Home is where you park it!...
Handle: 'Turtle'
Home is where you park it!...
ssb =D> =D> =D> =D>
now your talking
the world
now your talking
the world
SSB.... It's a LONG way down the line, probably Christmas.. 
Toying with the idea of cementing in an Astralite/Trilite style mast in the back garden, Sirio 827 on top, and a Magnum S9 for in the house. Wife permitting of course.....
Toying with the idea of cementing in an Astralite/Trilite style mast in the back garden, Sirio 827 on top, and a Magnum S9 for in the house. Wife permitting of course.....
Call sign: 2H2SQ
Handle: 'Turtle'
Home is where you park it!...
Handle: 'Turtle'
Home is where you park it!...
- Nugsport
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 230
- Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:18 pm
- CB Handle: Nugsport/Steve Alli-monster
- Location: Leicester
Magnum S-9 and a Sirio 827 excellent combination
sounds the bees knees

Steve
DX The World
"Check Your Band Plan"
Homebase - Magnum S-9 Nitro Export > Sirio 827
Mobile - Midland Alan 78 Plus Multi > Sirio Megwatt 4000
26 PW 353




