Page 1 of 1

Sirio 827 vs. Antron A-99

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:42 pm
by Matt C
Hello folks!

What's the consensus here folks? Will an Antron A-99 (with a 'fireup' top section) outperform a Sirio 827?

I've no experience of the A-99, although I've had a 827 in the past. I've noticed that the A-99 (in standard form) is considerably cheaper than an 827.

How do they compare with TX/RX?

Is the A-99 as good at handling high winds?

Which one will stand the test of time? What are your thoughts folks? I've noticed the A-99 be mentioned time and time again, not so much the 827....
All comments gratefully received!

Re: Sirio 827 vs. Antron A-99

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:50 pm
by Matt C
Oh, and I forgot to mention folks....

I'm thinking of purchasing a SSB equipped radio (much) later on. Would I be limiting myself by going for the 827, given it's narrower range?

Re: Sirio 827 vs. Antron A-99

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:49 pm
by chazwozza
siro beats the 99 hands down for radio performance

Re: Sirio 827 vs. Antron A-99

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:20 pm
by fatfinger
ssb =D> =D> =D> =D>
now your talking

































































the world

Re: Sirio 827 vs. Antron A-99

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:00 pm
by Matt C
SSB.... It's a LONG way down the line, probably Christmas.. :(

Toying with the idea of cementing in an Astralite/Trilite style mast in the back garden, Sirio 827 on top, and a Magnum S9 for in the house. Wife permitting of course..... :?

Re: Sirio 827 vs. Antron A-99

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:27 pm
by monza
"Wife permitting of course " good luck on that one mate lol [-o<






N 8)

Re: Sirio 827 vs. Antron A-99

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:51 am
by stampman
sounds good



:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Re: Sirio 827 vs. Antron A-99

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:59 pm
by porky.69
sounds very nice =D>

Re: Sirio 827 vs. Antron A-99

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:57 pm
by Nugsport
Magnum S-9 and a Sirio 827 excellent combination :mrgreen: sounds the bees knees