Page 1 of 1

Hello!

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:01 pm
by Anna
Hi all, I'm Anna, I'm new to CB - am just getting myself set up for mobile use on my motorcycle. Have invested in an Alan (Midland??) 42 and helmet kit.

Don't know any of the jargon or anything - gentle introduction required please!! [-o<

See, I don't even understand this Midland/Alan thing...

Re: Hello!

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:16 pm
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Hi Anna and welcome to the forum :-Wave

Andy

p.s. basically Alan is the European name for Midland... :wink:

Re: Hello!

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:47 pm
by stampman
HI AND WELCOME

you dont need jargon just what passes for english these days you will soon pick the lingo up always remember they cant see you blushing


:D :D :D :D :D :D :D *King*

Re: Hello!

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:37 am
by greenfingers
HI FROM ME :mrgreen: :-Wave :-Wave :-Wave

Re: Hello!

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:17 pm
by tincahunter
Hi and welcome to the forum
rigs on m/cycles aint seen that for years
what your riding ?
Mark

Re: Hello!

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:22 pm
by fatfinger
10 - 4 good buddy
whats your 20
how many candles are you burning
whats your handle
your giving me 30+ my end
roger that and welcome to the forum :lol:
:-Wave :-Wave :-Wave :-Wave :-Wave :-Wave :-Wave :-Wave Quack

Re: Hello!

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:52 pm
by Anna
Thanks for the welcomes all. :D

fatfinger, I won't be trying to unravel all that just yet... I've a suspicion at least some of it is rude.

It'll be a while before I get the rig set up on the bike, but a few mates of mine have been using CBs for years 'n' years, so I've plenty of backup - and someone to talk to!

thinks...

20 - location? - mostly on the M25 between junctions 16 & 22, commuting times of day
candles?? - something to do with power output?? Dunno!
handle - name - TBD...
30+ - receiving well?
over...

tincahunter, I've a couple of friends who have always had rigs on their bikes - but the guy used to be in REME so I guess it gets into the blood. He's always reckoned CB's the most reliable band, wouldn't have anything to do with PMR when we were instructing. I guess CB's even better (in one respect) now that there are less people using it. Less interesting though. I was hoping to pick up truckers on my commute (in the sense of "hear" rather than the more tawdry sense) - gotta be more entertaining than Wogan...
I'm currently riding an MZ Skorpion traveller in metallic bottle green with boxes. Reliable bike. You ride?

Re: Hello!

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:07 pm
by Nugsport
Hello & Welcome to the world of CB Radio

Re: Hello!

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:22 am
by stampman
CANDLES is your age as in how menay candles are on your birthday cake

30+ strength of received call

nothing rude there

:D :D :D :D :D :D *King*

Re: Hello!

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:39 am
by Anna
Ah. Not telling. [-X he he.

Well, got the headset sorted out this morning, so all powered up and ready to go... That's the beauty of the handhelds, no need to spend days and days making up brackets etc, just velcro the PTT switch to the handlebar, clip the unit to your belt, connect all the connectors and off you trot.

Now I just need someone to talk to... ! Oh and probably some helpful phrases - or I'll end up just speaking English and that wouldn't do at all!

Best channel? I know there's conventions about these things - help??

Re: Hello!

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:46 am
by porky.69
hi and welcome anna..good luck with your setup... :)

Re: Hello!

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:04 am
by stampman
make sure you waterproof everything as cb radios dont like swimming at all


:D :D :D :D :D *King*

Re: Hello!

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:05 pm
by tincahunter
Hi Anna
glad to hear your up and breaking on the air
yes i do ride at moment got a yzf 750r yam in fortuna colours

Shiny side up,take it easy
Mark

Re: Hello!

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:24 pm
by Matt C
Hi Anna

Welcome to the forum!!