Page 1 of 3
Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:40 pm
by mpcapri
Anyone else use the Firestik FireUp on their Antron? Seems to make it top heavy?
Not noticed a great deal of improvement so may put the original top back on mine.
Photo, my Antron with Firestik (slightly windy conditions)
Mart
Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:23 pm
by stampman
Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:00 pm
by mpcapri
We get a lot of interferiance here, probably that BT hub a couple of doors away, also we have a lot of adaprors which i think also interfere with our signal so perhaps thats why we never noticed any increase with the fire up.
Thinking of trying a Sirio 827 instead, see if that's any better [-o<
Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:37 am
by stampman
Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:30 am
by FISH
Like thunderpoles sirio 827 advert its the ULIMATE DX`rs.
Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:27 pm
by porky.69
hello there try some ferrite rings they just clip on the coax ..i did and they cut some noise down and i get a lot of trouble from these bt boxs

Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:57 pm
by piper spence
Hi, I use the firestick top on my A99. It is designed to bend around a lot I have had mine up in strong gale force wind's with no problems. I have a serio vector but I have to keep taking it down when the wind pick's up or it will self distruct. I got fed up taking it down so I bought the Imax, the A99s big brother. I was quite disapointed with the result. the A99 with a firestick top performes as well as my Imax with very little difference. So the vecter still goes up and down. The vector has an amazing performance compared to the A99 or Imax. PS I have used the ground plane kit on the A99 and it does improve the recieve a little.
Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:56 am
by hotmetal1000
The ground plane kit is to lower your angle of radiation on transmit.
Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:05 am
by porky.69
they are supposed to be very good but what are they like with static noise

Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:53 pm
by piper spence
After some good copies today I can say the Imax has quite a strong transmitt compared to the A99, And the recieve is better but not much up to what I was expecting. it might just be my location. "Static" I returned to cb just before christmas and first put up a half wave silver rod. the static was quite bad around five pounds all the time. I had a A99 with firestick from a job lot deal and never used it Didn't like the idea of a fiber antenna. I then put up a 5/8 wave silver rod and Static was the same. I cleaned up the antron and put it up to test for selling it. I was really shocked at the performance and kept it. the static level dropped a lot to 3 or less but the recieve was a lot better ?. Since I put the Imax up two weeks ago I have had only a little static around one pound although I have a slightly better recieve very strange. might be just the local conditions at the moment. The ground plane on the A99 does improved the recieve a little but also bring's up the static the same like using a pre amp, but only around 1/2 a db difference. With the ground plane I never suddenly had reports that my transmitt was stronger or anything so have not noticed the difference with angle of radiation, I have no homebase problems with BPL. "Touch wood" Take care ya all.
(There are breaker's in bristol who use Imax's and suffer very bad with static. But they would still highly recommend them and there stations do perform very well)
Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:14 pm
by porky.69
[quote I had a A99 with firestick from a job lot deal and never used it Didn't like the idea of a fiber antenna. I then put up a 5/8 wave silver rod and Static was the same. I cleaned up the antron and put it up to test for selling it. I was really shocked at the performance and kept it.
YES I WAS THE SAME I DID NOT LIKE THE LOOK OF THE ANTRON 99 BUT BYE GOD THERE GOOD ANTENNAS ...VERY GOOD POST !!!

=D>
Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:34 pm
by killer cam
i have heard there good
Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:53 pm
by porky.69
killer cam wrote:i have heard there good
what antenna do you use cam??

Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:40 pm
by hotmetal1000
hotmetal1000 wrote:The ground plane kit is to lower your angle of radiation on transmit.
For dxing. The radiation comes off at a lower angle meaning it hits the ionshpere further away and thus is reflected further. Sorry probably should have added that.
Re: Antron Firestik FireUp 99 top
Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:24 pm
by killer cam
porky.69 wrote:killer cam wrote:i have heard there good
what antenna do you use cam??

well im in my first year of cbing and have got a 1/2 wave but im gettin a a99 in a weeks time