Page 1 of 1

swr meter ??? is it a mith does it exist????

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:59 pm
by didskid
hi all new bloke here
dont yawn
i am trying to find a swr/power meter that would fit the jack plug in the back of my midland excel i think it is a 3.5 mm jack plug , the only ones i have ever known use pl type conectors ,
i have looked everywhere , do they exist ??
all the best
did

Re: swr meter ??? is it a mith does it exist????

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:28 pm
by ChrisJCartwright
Hey
I agree with you, The only SWR/Power & Matcher metres i have heard of have Pl plugs.

Chris

Re: swr meter ??? is it a mith does it exist????

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:42 pm
by didskid
i know bud ... it seems like a lot of ririgs have a jack outlet for a swr meter of some kind maybe someone will tell us lol

Re: swr meter ??? is it a mith does it exist????

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:28 am
by stampman
there is one on the market will have to see if thunderpole will sorce one but seem a lot of expense to get a specialist one when the std oneswill do



:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*

Re: swr meter ??? is it a mith does it exist????

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:58 pm
by Firetrap
stampman wrote:there is one on the market will have to see if thunderpole will sorce one but seem a lot of expense to get a specialist one when the std oneswill do



:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*
I agree!

Stick to the standard ones!

Re: swr meter ??? is it a mith does it exist????

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:51 pm
by hotmetal1000
I have a LDG one here that suits the Yaesu FT897-D radio, worth $89aus and indicates RF power output, SWR, modulation, ALC action and supply voltage on transmit.
I didn't buy it, it come with the radio, is it worth it? I didn't think so, sits on the shelf doing nothing now.

Re: swr meter ??? is it a mith does it exist????

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:23 am
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
The socket you are talking about is not for an SWR meter, it is for a signal meter that shows receive signal strength. They are on most new rigs and are normally marked 's.meter'.

Thunderpole have looked at importing them but they work out very expensive, and most new rigs are equipped with an on screen signal meter anyway...

Andy :wink:

Re: swr meter ??? is it a mith does it exist????

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:46 pm
by disgwylfa
I had a rig with the infamous Socket for a Plug-in-S-Meter at one time and, out of curiosity, I tried to find where to buy a meter to plug into it.
After many and various fruitless searches on the 'net I pretty much gave up.

The only time I ever actually saw such a meter for sale was on That-Auction-Site about two or three months ago (after I'd parted with the CB that had the socket). I very nearly bought it just as a rarity but decided that buying a meter that [a] I didn't have a CB to plug it into and didn't do anything more than any built-in meter does anyway - was a bit pointless. I've still never seen one for sale, retail, anywhere #-o