Page 1 of 1

Maycom AH-27

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:13 pm
by TheJester
Just purchased a Maycom AH-27 (for £35.00) on that auction site, which I thought was a good price. Got it today and its in mint condition, boxed with manuals and fake leather case etc...

Im quite chuffed with it too, a lot smaller than I expected...

Anybody had any experience with them ?

What sort of distance am I likely to get if I use the Maycom (at the caravan) along with the Midland in my car ?

Cheers,

Jester

Re: Maycom AH-27

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:40 pm
by killer cam
what antenna have you got so i could give you a ruff idea but as stamp man says the same as gessing the leght of some string

Re: Maycom AH-27

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:43 pm
by TheJester
Got an orbitor on the car and the rubber duck aerial on the maycom... it was just an idea really.... miles or metres ?

Re: Maycom AH-27

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:49 pm
by killer cam
on the maycom out of a guess with no past experince 3 to 5 miles

Re: Maycom AH-27

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:42 pm
by Firetrap
I had one a while back, I would say 4 miles max with no obstructions and about a mile max in built up areas with a rubber duck antenna.