Page 1 of 1

here I go again

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 pm
by stevie_a
After my problem with my radio I decided it was cheaper to get a new one on e-bay than send it away to get fixed
so i again got a 89 plus new unused for £40 including postage
although it is working good I just cant get the swr down
sitting up a 3 have cut the whip down by about 2" still up at 3

question : can you cut too much off the whip or can you keep cutting it to get swr down

is there somthing else i can try

Re: here I go again

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:27 am
by stampman
what is the antenna and how is it mounted


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: here I go again

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:07 am
by stevie_a
Sirio ML145 mag mount on the van

and

Wilson little Wil on the Triumph

Re: here I go again

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:36 am
by stampman
SIRIO SHOULD BE PRETTY CLOSE COULD BE A FAULT WITH THE MAG

little will check 1 and 40 if higher on 40 then shorten whip if higher on 1 its 2 short

sirio should not need cutting if you have already cut it then whip may be too short but use swr meter and that will guide you


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: here I go again

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:16 pm
by stevie_a
stampman wrote:if you have already cut it then whip may be too short but use swr meter and that will guide you
Can you buy new whips?

Re: here I go again

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:00 am
by stampman
yes ring colin and he will sort you out


*King* *King* *King* *King*