Page 1 of 1

Hi I'm New To The Forum

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 pm
by Foxbat
I thought I ought to pop in and introduce myself. I was a CBer back in the AM days, around 1978 to 81, then went over to the legal FM. It was totally taken over by wallies, so I packed it in, in about 1989. In 1991 I took the RAE and became a licenced ham. I stayed active on the ham bands until 2006, when I blew up my mobile rig and my base rig within a couple of weeks of each other. I remained inactive until just before Christmas when I decided to have a go at fixing my mates Midland 38 rig. He had blown the RF output transistor, so I ordered a new one, fitted it and brought it back to life. To test it, after trying it into a dummy load via the SWR Meter, I got an old Shakespear 1/4 wave that was lurking in the garage and tuned it against a four wire groundplane on top of the 6 ft trellis in the garden. It worked and over a couple of days i've renewed some old CB friendships. I now have the Shakespear on top of my Tennamast, which I didn't take down as I knew the radio bug would bite again at some point, so here I am, thanks to Colins duff radio.

BTW, my mates radio is now back in his car and working a treat, now we have sorted out his antenna and coax problems.
I now have the itch to get my ham gear repaired and get back on the bands but I will also be active on the CB.

Sorry for the long waffle. I'm like this on air as well. :oops:
Cheers
Phil

Re: Hi I'm New To The Forum

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:44 am
by stampman
hi and welcome the more wafflers the better we have been looking for some one to set the standard for quite a while now so you are very welcome to show how its done


*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: Hi I'm New To The Forum

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:35 pm
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Welcome to the Thunderpole forum :D

Andy :wink:

Re: Hi I'm New To The Forum

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:29 pm
by Foxbat
Thanks :D :oops:

Re: Hi I'm New To The Forum

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:48 am
by greenfingers
hi from me :mrgreen:

Re: Hi I'm New To The Forum

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:13 am
by simon007
Welcome to the forum and nice to have you here

Regards
Simon